Samsung Achromatic (B&W digital)

Wait until the hipsters hear about this! :D

Art!
yes.gif

I never really paid much attention to the Samsung NX line, but this looks pretty neat, if for no other reason than maybe someone else will give it a go. If it really is real and offered in select markets it probably won't be "affordable."

This is the future of digital cameras - specialty versions and niche-geared varieties. All the rest will be (are) content with a phone cameras.

Interesting ... pity Samsung shot themselves in the foot by selecting a flange distance that makes adapting M mount lenses impossible.

M-mount isn't everything...you M-guys still have options but in fact most of people need and want couple of newly made AF lenses. MF lenses on AF bodies is nice and fine, but they don't really move market.

Interesting ... pity Samsung shot themselves in the foot by selecting a flange distance that makes adapting M mount lenses impossible.
Although it is neat that you can put M-glass on a Sony, I've yet to encounter one single person on the street who's actually using one with legacy glass.. There's plenty of NEX's to be seen carried around, but all with AF lenses. Seems like that is where the majority of the market lies.

Even at my workplace (techno-geeks extraordinaire), the NEX folks aren't interested in re-using old glass. I'm the only one who's even got an adapter, the rest are more concerned with zoom range, max aperture, and whether there's that blue rectangle with the white lettering on the side of the lens..

Or Sigma on the NEX for that matter!

Samsung: Interesting. They may just end up outflanking some of the industry stalwarts in the next couple of years. Watch your back!

Back