Samsung NX and LTM

isorgb

Well-known
Local time
7:31 PM
Hello

I don't know - is the best place for my question about Samsung NX?

I have some LTM lenses and I use them with Epson R-D1. Epson is fantastic digital rangefinder, but I'm afraid - "what will I do when my Epson will break?" I would like to use Epson for special purpose and I think about another digital camera for everyday use with LTM lenses.

I had m4/3 camera, but I sold it - I was not happy with 2x crop.
Some times ago I heard that LTM adapter is possible for Samsung NX series. I even saw pictures that adapter
emoticon-wink.gif

My most important question is - does anybody have LTM adapter? I saw ebay auction with LTM adapter for NX, but I don't know how this adapter really works... I have never seen photos from NX with LTM lens.

My most important question:
Does anyone know where I can see pictures from NX with LTM lenses?!?!?!?! Or maybe someone of you uses this combo?!?!?!

PS.
I tried Sony NEX in store and I know that this camera is too small for me and I must have EVF. Current Sony NEX is not for me.

Thank you, best regards!

Hello

I don't know - is the best place for my question about Samsung NX?

Thank you, best regards!

Messages on let us say MicroAPS cameras (NEX, NX) have been shifted to the point and shoot category once, yet the explication of the Micro4/3 forum says you are at the right spot. I think it would be wise to create something like 'Micro' 'APS' as a category for the Samsung, Sony, Sigma and Fuji models. Expect a Cosina version. Not all equipped with EVFs so avoiding that specification.

Reconsider a NEX with the new firmware, DPreview says it does offer better support for manual focusing now. Leica M on the Samsung is only possible with a replaced custom mount and then the software still lacks the essentials for manual focusing. LTM is at the edge of possible with an adapter and has the same firmware/software limitations.

Ernst Dinkla

Thank you Ernst for your reply,
I know that magnification in NX is only 2x. When I used Panasonic G1 I very rarely magnify frame on EVF. I also know that Panasonic G1 is better EVF than Samung NX and I hope 2x magnification on Samsung enough for me.

"Leica M on the Samsung is only possible with a replaced custom mount" - this is very interesting. What do you mean? Where can I modify Samsung NX to Leica M mount? Did you see this modification?

It isn't physically possible to mount LBM lenses on a stock NX body. I did a quick google search and found mention of the possibility of replacing the NX mount with a custom LBM mount, but I didn't find any links to a custom mount that actually exists. Poke around, you may find something.

I didn't realize LTM lenses could fit a stock NX body, but there is an ebay vendor selling an LTM>NX adapter. There's only one up now: 330483515993
Looks like a regular-type adapter, mount the lens on the adapter, mount adapter on body.

You might try a search on flickr for NX/LTM photos...

Thank you Ernst for your reply,
I know that magnification in NX is only 2x. When I used Panasonic G1 I very rarely magnify frame on EVF. I also know that Panasonic G1 is better EVF than Samung NX and I hope 2x magnification on Samsung enough for me.

"Leica M on the Samsung is only possible with a replaced custom mount" - this is very interesting. What do you mean? Where can I modify Samsung NX to Leica M mount? Did you see this modification?

In early stage after the Samsung announcements I measured the mount entrance etc on the body pictures and came to the conclusion that M mount adapters were impossible and LTM highly unlikely. The Samsung mount and flange to sensor distance is pretty close to the M mount specs so I suggested that a replacement of the Samsung mount with a M mount would be possible and probably done soon. I think 3 months ago a picture was shown of a customised body, accompanied by the remark that the software/firmware wasn't optimal for the purpose of using M lenses.
http://www.leitax.com/Leitax_M-mount_for_Samsung_NX10.html

Ernst Dinkla

Thanks for the link to the customized NX/M-mount, Ernst.

Have you seen pix of the LTM/NX adapter? It looks very minimal and kind of thin-walled, similar to some C-mount/MFT adapters, but from the pix it looks like it should work.

In early stage after the Samsung announcements I measured the mount entrance etc on the body pictures and came to the conclusion that M mount adapters were impossible and LTM highly unlikely.

Ernst Dinkla

Ernst,
I found the same link as you. Is it your project?!?!?
What do you mean about firmware was not optimal? Did you think about only focus magnification or other things?

Not my project. The concept could have been mine but you can not mount lenses on a concept.

I actually expected Cosina to adopt the Samsung but with an M mount say MX100 but now I think it is more likely that they base it on the Fuji APS.

Ernst Dinkla

However, I bought Samsung NX10 with 18-55mm and 30mm kit lenses. I also ordered LTM adapter... but I will be waiting for it about 2 weeks.

What can I say?
Great camera, really. I took some photos and I'm happy ;) I think this is the best multi-system-lenses camera in its price. I know, NX does not work with M-lenses.

I don't like colors from artificial light from camera. I will have to learn and create own color profile... or to find a good one. Original colors are too yellow..... strange and ugly. Epson R-D1 is very better in this aspect. Not only this, but NX is new and cheap.

18mm, ISO3200:
5126515093_3936830f06_o.jpg

18mm, ISO3200:
5126515227_ddc44c7410_o.jpg

30mm, ISO1600:
5126515515_fd71dabf4d_o.jpg

30mm, ISO1600:
5126515353_fc2ee1c622_o.jpg

Last edited:
I already have LTM adapter.

Jupiter-3 works really well and focus to infinity.
CV Ultron 28/1.9 does not. Focus only to 0.7m - 0.8m. Unfortunately!
Jupiter-12 does not enter into camera... I knew about it earlier.
I really regret that Ultron 28mm not working with Samsung NX, because camera is really good.
I know, Samsung 30mm f2 is great lens, but I like pre-focus.

What do you think. If Jupiter-3 works excellent and Utron 28 does not, how Ultron 35/1.7 works?
I'm afraid that ultra-wide LTM lenses will not work on Samsung NX.

Both pictures from Samsung NX10 with Jupiter-3 50/1.5, ISO1600:
5149718412_bea851fcd5_o.jpg

5149111685_0d46ea7b59_o.jpg

Link is dead. How about on the NX100. Looks like a nice rig?

NX100 has not EVF which is very important for me.
Current price of NX10 with 18-55mm and 30mm is tempting... so I bought it and I'm happy with that.
LTM adapter works well with Jupiter-3. Samsung pancake 30/2 is really very good. 18mm from KIT is enough for me.

In fact, the NX100 does have an (optional) EVF available. I'm taking a close look at the NX100 myself.

isorgb: Great images. I also notice that the 30mm kit lens seems to exhibit relatively little distortion, which is a big deal for me. Having the (somewhat complicated) option of using LTM glass is a plus.

- Barrett

Uhm,

what is the widest LTM lens the NX10 can take? And, what is the limiting factor here? Is it size of the rear element, or angle?

Next lazy pictures from Jupiter-3 LTM mounted on Samsung NX10.
Good camera, good lens ;)
5625231180_cd55b11518_o.jpg

5624641683_1d0e5e9516_o.jpg

5624641975_d51fa62641_o.jpg

Who will give me the Canon 35mm LTM for a beer? ;-)))

Used Russian and Chinese LTM adapters

Used Russian and Chinese LTM adapters

Both work well, like the Russian one better.

Jupiter-12 and Orion-15 will not work - too much rear lens protrusion.

Made a Jupiter-9 work by letting some super glue smears dry on back of lens mount . Before these I had a few fireworks from my lcd and lockup as the J-9 shorted out something at infinity focus.

Back