Samsung NX launch?

Local time
12:17 AM
Didn't buy an E-P1. The big launch in London only had the zoom kit, fifty of them, I think, and couldn't sell body only or with the 17mm.

Nice camera, AF not fantastic indoors, but seemed a good useable camera and was looking forward to turning my 35/1.2 into a 70/1.2 (with effective DOF at 2.4).

Anyhow, was weighing up waiting a few weeks for the 17mm or waiting a few months to see what else came along, when I googled for "samsung nx launch."

Lots and lots of speculation - though probably all from the same source - that the NX will launch 7 July 2009, 14MP, but can't see anything about lenses or in-body stabilisation, and obviously nothing about Leica M adapters.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see. APS-C will be kinder to my wides, and the Nokton turning into a 50/1.2 is more useable for me than a 75/1.2.

In body stabilization is a fairly good bet, Samsung has access to it already and I expect the NX to use a fair bit of the image processing chain from the GX20 (K20D).

No idea on adapters or lenses. Adapters depends on the mount design and how they handle the shutter. Lenses are the real crapshoot. They'll be Schneider-Kreuznach branded of course, but not Pentax designs like the Samsung SLR lenses as Pentax has no involvement in the NX.

I'm looking forward to it. From what I've seen of the form factor, it's not going to be very appealing to RF types, but if it's small enough and good enough, it will be a contender as far as I'm concerned.

Back