Samsung NX1 4K Video 28MP

I hear ya. I'm not a videographer, but the stills from it look amazing, too. I think Samsung is the new tech leader in sensors and overall innovation, with Sony second.

I've been dipping my toes into videography. My finding is that most people still don't actually own Blu-Ray players. At least down here in the southeastern US, I'm sure it's different in other places.

I just finished a couple of DVDs for two school Christmas concerts and the 1080p video is rendered down to DVDs. Perhaps digital content delivery will be in the future.

The 1080p video from my D800 is phenomenal. I imagine any decent digital cam has the potential for good 4K video due to the megapixel size. I like the A7s and how it is a direct feed from the sensor (no resampling). On the other hand, last I heard I thought 8K was already a thing so 4K was likely to just get "skipped" over. But I'm not really clued in on this stuff that much.

Yes, you're probably right regarding disks, but video data throughput is still quite a lot for on-demand video (and will only get worse with 4K or better). I have Netflix and the video looks like garbage off my admittedly slowish internet (AT&T, who refuses to update the lines around here) because it can't handle the stream.

For simple data it's already over. I deliver all client data these days through Google Drive, free of charge. No more mailing CDs all over the place...

Back