California (Bay Area, Northern) San Francisco Bay Area RFF Get Together

RayPA

Ignore It (It'll go away)
Local time
5:46 PM
This is a reminder for any and all SF Bay Area RFF members. This Thursday, August 4, we're meeting in Burlingame. Here are the details:

Thursday, August 4, 7PM, American Bull Bar & Grill, 1819 El Camino Real, Burlingame.

American Bull is on the north end of Burlingame, right on the border with Millbrae. It's a roomy sports bar with lots of tables. It'll accommodate a group easily. It's about two blocks from the Millbrae BART station, and a block from Caltrain. It's in a strip mall-type shopping center (with Lunardi's, Starbucks, etc.), so there's lots of close parking for those that drive.

Maybe we can meet and have a show-and-tell with equipment and/or prints, toss around some project or shooting ideas, etc.

Directions:
Millbrae Ave. exit off 101, go west, left on El Camino, a block and a half to the shopping center entrance, make a right. The American Bull is on the left side.

You can find more information at this LINK

If you read this, please bump it to keep it visible. Hope to see some of you there! :)

I sent reminder PM's to the following members:

Kaiyen, jbw, rich815, DaShiv, Fredus, vsolanoy, titrisol, photodog, new2rf, kdemas, sychan, and warren t.

If you are a SF Bay Area RFF member, but not listed here you are of course invited to attend. I pulled this list from those that replied to the "helloooooooo" posting.

:)

i love the idea of these gatherings, i wish i could attend all of them.

good luck to the gang in s.f. and i hope you guys have a great time.

and maybe a pic or 2?

joe

backalley photo said:
i love the idea of these gatherings, i wish i could attend all of them.

good luck to the gang in s.f. and i hope you guys have a great time.

and maybe a pic or 2?

joe

Thanks for the bump, Joe! We'll see about the photos. :)

Closing on a house that day but if all goes as planned I should be able to make it. I'll bring my new MP to show off.

Anyone interested in buying my R3A or M3? I'll bring them along if so. Both in great condition. R3A I'm asking $500, the M3 (ss, close to a million, great user condition, recent CLA) I'm asking $675.

Thanks for organizing this. I just started a new job, but if I can make it, I'll probably go a little earlier to have some dinner before the meeting time. Is the food good there?

Warren

Just an update - I am not 1000% sure I'll be there. My friend's class is having it's portfolio critique, so I might be there instead.

M3? interested, sure. able to buy? no :-(

allan

Warren T. said:
Thanks for organizing this. I just started a new job, but if I can make it, I'll probably go a little earlier to have some dinner before the meeting time. Is the food good there?

Warren

Hi Warren,

The food is typical b&g fare. I've eaten there with the family before. There are a couple of other options in the mall, including a couple of diners. Within a few blocks north (into Millbrae) there are several restaurants, a Thai place called Thai Stick, a couple of Chinese restaurants, a Vietnamese place, a "new cuisine" Italian restaurant called La Collina, there's a dingy little place right near the BART station called Zack's, and a diner across the street from that right on the corner of Millbrae Ave. and El Camino. :)

Oops... I Forgot to add that I have a small "gift" for those that can make it on Thursday, something to proudly proclaim your association with RFF.
;)

i am hoping to make it - i have a friends opening (gallery) that is scheduled for the same nite so it's still a maybe.. so how will i recognize anyone..? red rose on the lapel.... or cool camera close by..

jbw

Well, since Ray is bringing a small gift, I gotta go!

This post is to confirm I will be there. Brought to work with me a dozen or so prints printed mostly BO with my 2200 and with QTR, and also a couple RF bodies and some lenses for us to fondle.

Looking forward to some riveting, intelligent conversation!

See you guys there!

Richard

rich815 said:
Well, since Ray is bringing a small gift, I gotta go!

This post is to confirm I will be there. Brought to work with me a dozen or so prints printed mostly BO with my 2200 and with QTR, and also a couple RF bodies and some lenses for us to fondle.

Looking forward to some riveting, intelligent conversation!

See you guys there!

Richard

That's great! I would really love to see some 2200 prints. I won't have prints, but I'll bring some gear/recent acquisitions (oh...and the gifts too ;) )

Last BUMP for this. There's still time to make this get together. Hope to see some of you there.

Argh. At the last minute, I can't make it (or to my other event tonight). Work is beating me down.

I hope the evening goes well, and I look forward to the next one. Hopefully, by then I'll have enough time to actually make some inkjet prints...

allan

I thought I was going to be able to make it -- but I forgot that we were expecting guests. I'll try to make it next time :(

The first SF Bay Area RFF get-together ended tonight at ~9 PM. The attendees were myself, Rich815, jbw, photodog, and DaShiv. A great time seemed to have been had by all. Lots and lots of great gear was on the table, as well as some great looking prints from Rich and Martin (photodog). We really wowed the other patrons with our display of equipment. We all managed to get off some exposures, so snapshots should be forthcoming. :p

RFF Cameras Meet in Burlingame 8/4

RFF Cameras Meet in Burlingame 8/4

Here's a photo of some of the RFF cameras that attended the meeting in Burlingame.

backalley photo said:
is that a canon way in the back?

It is, a VT (photodog's), and a sweet camera it was. Speaking of Canons, Rich has a 50/1.8 in pristine condition. I was envious.

... my favorite cameras were the purple snakeskin m-3 and the rd-1 with the 15mm. it was a great group and had lots of fun.. or course i did have to dodge all those annoying people trying to take pictures.... :)

jbw

Back