Washington (state) Seattle area RFFers

I don't suppose any of you guys happen to have an Oly OM to 4/3rds digital adaptor do you? I'm very interested to get my hands on one while I'm in Seattle (just to borrow for any time from ten minutes upwards; I have one at home...).

If not please don't worry; I won't bring anything offensive to the meet!

Tom

I have always been able to find parking on the street within a block or two of the Elysian.

Last edited:
Parking on Saturday afternoons (around our target time) is always easy to accomplish (from my experience). If you can, the north side of Pike (near 13th) has free parking, the south side of the same street is metered.

Was just there a few hours ago, both sides of the street have free parking, between 12th and 13th.

Last edited:
Guys-
Bad news, something unavoidable has come up for me Saturday. So unfortunately, I won't be at the Elysian.
I was looking forward to seeing what new art the other RFF'ers had put together in the last months, I guess I'll just have to settle for online images...
Wishing the rest of you a great, inspiring outing.

Hi All,

I will be in Seattle, where we lived 1978-1983, the weekend of June 8-11. I want to see the new downtown library, Ballard library, and other new (to me) architectural sites for photography. Also any cool coffee houses and brew pubs (oh, my poor kidneys on this trip). Any chance I can meet some fellow RFF folks that weekend? I have blocked out Saturday June 10 and morning of Sunday June 11 for roaming and photography. Thoughts?

bobkonos said:
Hi All,

I will be in Seattle, where we lived 1978-1983, the weekend of June 8-11. I want to see the new downtown library, Ballard library, and other new (to me) architectural sites for photography. Also any cool coffee houses and brew pubs (oh, my poor kidneys on this trip). Any chance I can meet some fellow RFF folks that weekend? I have blocked out Saturday June 10 and morning of Sunday June 11 for roaming and photography. Thoughts?

As if we need an excuse! I can probably get together for something on Saturday the 10th (lots of brew pubs /pubs to consider).

bobkonos said:
Hi All,

It's a possibility.

Mike

nasmformyzombie said:
Must I bring prints? I haven't printed anything since 1998 and don't even have that stuff anymore.

yes, you must bring prints ;)

no, just bring yourself and drink some brews!
trading prints (digital or traditional) is kinda nice and showing your work to others has helped me get good feedback...mostly I just like seeing everyones work in person, it is a big difference than looking on the screen.

[QUOTE=nasmformyzombie]Must I bring prints? I haven't printed anything since 1998 and don't even have that stuff anymore.[/QUOTE]

Looking at everyone's prints adds to the enjoyment. The last time I attended I came away with a couple of really nice ones from Larry and George. If you don't have any prints, well heck, don't let it stop you from showing up.

Mike

Just another thought - the last time we were at the Elysian, we had a slight problem with the Tips and the checks. How about a plastic bag or something to put tip money into? It is separate checks for food and brews.

Thanks,
Mike

Here are some photos from this afternoon. I really enjoyed talking to you guys. Tom, enjoy the rest of your stay.

Mike

Attachments

• rff1.jpg
    rff1.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 0
  • rff2.jpg
    rff2.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 0
  • rff3.jpg
    rff3.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 0
Back