Washington (state) Seattle Meetup?

K14

Well-known
Local time
10:50 PM
Got the call on the streets of Seattle, it's been awhile since anyone has posted in the forum. Anyone for a meetup at Big Time next Saturday or Sunday?

Larry and I met in May and we had a great time! I think it's time we all gather and talk the Seattle scene again.

Cheers!
Gary

We are going to meet this Sunday @1:00pm at Big Time. I'll buy the first and last rounds.

Gary

Let's see if I can find the place! In a long-past century this was a familiar neighborhood. Any parking issues? Watch for a guy carrying a Leica... :)

Hi Doug! Big Time is on the University Ave., a block south of the U-Bookstore. Gary and I are parking in the Red Square garage, free on Sunday. From the garage, short block to the Ave, turn right and it's a half block on the west side. Parking is also free, not much competition with the U out.

Nice to meet some faces we haven't seen in a long time. Doug thanks for making the trip over the pass to see us! Avotius thanks for stopping by and thank your wife for putting up with us and our camera musings :D

A pinhole of Larry and I enjoying our desert, Old Wooly.

1024) {this.width=1024;this.alt='Click here to see a large version';}" onmouseover="if(this.alt) this.style.cursor='pointer';" onclick="if(this.alt) window.open('https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51277456556_dd829b018e_z.jpg');" border="0">

Cheers,
Gary

Fun get-together for sure! Good to meet Avotius and Mrs. I'm sure I've met Gary and Larry at some long-ago time, and of course Brian (hope you'll feel better soon) and Raid and Ellen and ? I guess I'd never before seen a Leica barnack in person before, as I was surprised at how small, tiny actually, Gary's show 'n tell was, especially compared to the M-D 262 I brought.
Traffic was barely bearable, jammed up over the pass westbound, which used to be normal for a summer Sunday afternoon, so it was "good" to see some normality!

Sorry this is Kevin. I would love to join everyone, but as I told Gary we moved to Idaho last fall. Have a great time.

Great time at the Big Time! Nice to see Colin, his wife, Doug and Gary. Especially nice to be in an AC environment with beer and good food, while it's over 100F outside in Seattle!

51279748659_a97d455a99_c.jpg

51279748334_7dc7f1ba5e_c.jpg

Last edited:
OK. I'm envious. I know I'm not alone in that I miss real-life in-person interactions with real physical other humans. And RFFers at that!
Seattle is a bit far for me, I pass through once or twice a year but rarely stop for long. Family is spread out in regions north of the Emerald.

P-town is closer. I know there's some RFFers in that town.

Oh man, good to see people going about. Didn't see this until today but hoping to catch another one someday. Yeah the meetup group hasn't been active for quite some while while the leads figured out their travel / return-to-work plans.

Oh man, good to see people going about. Didn't see this until today but hoping to catch another one someday. Yeah the meetup group hasn't been active for quite some while while the leads figured out their travel / return-to-work plans.

Let's make it sooner, rather than later! We have a lot of catching up to do!

Let's make it sooner, rather than later! We have a lot of catching up to do!

Meeting up at Big Time, Sunday's seem to be the best day since the UW garage is free parking and underground the cars are quite cooler.

July 11th and 25th are open for me.

Gary

Warms my heart. Seattle is becoming the west coast "base camp" for RFF meetups. NYC has been the east coast hotspot for a while now.

Where should we place the mid-continent HQ? Hmmmm... Should we hire a consultant?

Warms my heart. Seattle is becoming the west coast "base camp" for RFF meetups. NYC has been the east coast hotspot for a while now.

Where should we place the mid-continent HQ? Hmmmm... Should we hire a consultant?

I'm about to move to Minneapolis!

From Seattle and really wish I had found this meet-up thread a few years ago...

Just a heads-up, there's a Beer and Cameras (Seattle Chapter) Meetup 2pm at the Optimism Brewery on Capitol Hill Sunday 7/11. Not sure if there's any cross-over interest there.

Back