Australia/New Zealand Selling Leica gear in WA

anerjee

Well-known
Local time
4:15 PM
I want to sell some unused Leica gear (28mm Summicron V1). Previously, I was living in Singapore and there is a liquid used gear market & forum support. After my move to WA, I'm at a bit of a loss.

I'd prefer to sell in-person, as I've never learnt to sell things online (eBay or otherwise). The only option seems to be to list on Facebook -- which seems frequented mostly by folks with different priorities.

Any other options I maybe missing? I am located in Perth.

thanks!

Camera Electronic in Stirling can/will sell it for you but they charge commission.

Not many options in Perth, it’s a relatively small and very remote population.

Marty

I'd be staying clear of facebook! I'd try the classifieds here first ... quite a few things I've advertised here have sold within Australia. :)

I second Freakscene's idea to check with Camera Electronic at 230 Stirling Street. I have traded in older Leica gear on more recent Sony gear there several times. You won't get the top market price as they want to resell it with a margin of course, but if you want something else they have, it can save you buying and selling with unknown people. They have always been open and honest in my dealings with them.
John Mc

Most Leica gear that is in good condition or rare that is being moved through Australian dealers is selling quickly at the moment. Good luck selling it. I was in Perth last weekend, but I've just bought a 28 Summilux, otherwise . . .

Back