Sent the M8 Back Today

To their credit, Amazon has refunded my purchase price in full PLUS shipping both ways -- and they only received the M8 back today.

2 Rollei TLRs, an M3, a Contax IIIa, too many Nikon F, Gibson ES335 ('67), Gibson Byrdland ('61), Fender Elite Strat ('82), various acoustics under the beds, two Mesa Boogies. It's a sickness.
VS

Vics said:
2 Rollei TLRs, an M3, a Contax IIIa, too many Nikon F, Gibson ES335 ('67), Gibson Byrdland ('61), Fender Elite Strat ('82), various acoustics under the beds, two Mesa Boogies. It's a sickness.
VS

Yeah it's called G A S !!!:cool:

saxshooter said:
So far, my Epson R-D1 and my 1967 Selmer Mark VI Alto Saxophone... An M8 in the future... fingers crossed.
well, I tried the Selmer Mark VI alto, tenor - loved the horn, couldn't make music! Finally went back to playing a flute :D

... lost a heap of money in the process :(

Now I'm using the R-D1, the 5D has hardly been out of the bag. My only regret is that I'll probably have to replace the battery (apparently they go off after 4-5 years whether you use them or not) before I get to use it.

I've thought about getting a second R-D1, but I think that's crazy - I'll wait til I need another body, then stump up for an M8.

If it was a guitar, I can see the point of getting a classic like a '60s strat or an SG, but not a digital camera - that's gonna need support sometime ;)

back alley said:
i never met a camera that i didn't like...except for that yashica mat 124...;)
This shot is the only time I ever used them... I got two used ones for $75 each, and gave them to a local high school after the shoot.

Wasn't going to risk the 'blad in that surf!

ps a second after this frame was shot, he was face down in the water :D

Attachments

• Hawkesby.jpg
    Hawkesby.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 0
Funny how this thread has morphed into one about musical instruments.

I've heard it said that musicians make good photographers and vice versa. I know that "music and light" are my twin passions!

Joe Mondello said:
Funny how this thread has morphed into one about musical instruments.

I've heard it said that musicians make good photographers and vice versa. I know that "music and light" are my twin passions!
... they're both about 'seizing the moment' IMHO

You're as good as your last solo/picture, and as the great Charlie Parker once said, "It ain't in the horn, man. It's only me."

W. Eugene Smith was a big fan of jazz, listened to it while printing, and often photographed late night jam sessions which included Thelonius Monk in a loft which was in the same building he lived/worked out of on 6th avenue in NYC.

Last edited:
Back