New York September NYC Meet-Up

The second week in September is New York Fashion Week. Let's do the Meet-Up later in September.

This is a crazy time for me.

Cal

Works better for me too Cal. Sept 25th?

John,

I second September 25th.

A huge campaign that involves "Maggie" with a huge brand is undergoing. Also there is a follow through with a second huge campaign involving the same well known brand and a retail store on 5th Avenue. I expect this will likely push Maggie's following to over 50K followers before the end of September.

I expect things to get a bit overwelming, especially around Fashion Week.

Basically Maggie will be attending many events as a guest of all these designers since she now is an influencer.

Sometime in the beginning of September I should get the word on wether I'm part of that group show that will happen around mid October. I hope to show at the Manhattan Mini Storage on Spring Street in SoHo.

The curator I think is interested in maybe showing one of my paintings from the early 80's when I was a painter along with some photography. No work was selected. She was very impressed by the "shipping container" that was stuffed with mucho large prints.

I kinda abused my big printer by making 10 prints in a very short time. I ran big batches that allowed unused nozzles to dry out a bit. Now I have to do a flushing with Piezoflush to restore my 7800, but I blew out a chip on a cart. Troubleshooting I then blew out two chip resetters, and now I await a new replacement that is currently backordered.

Bought another gallon of Piezoflush because it makes sense to bulk up. Cost is $321.00. Should arrive today.

Anyways that Jersey Barrier class printer is mucho thirsty and consumes a roll of paper in no time. Printing is crazy expensive. I will soon have to order yet again more ink. 700ml containers seem small.

Cal

Gahhh, any chance of a meetup before Fashion Week? I'm actually living in New York for a month and would love to meet y'all. I'll be here through Sept 20.

...and while I've got you, what's a place that does decent B&W and C41 developing and scanning in Manhattan? I wasn't able to bring my chemicals and equipment on this trip.

Gahhh, any chance of a meetup before Fashion Week? I'm actually living in New York for a month and would love to meet y'all. I'll be here through Sept 20.

Hello again.

We met once years ago at a reading that you were giving at Housing Works.

Yesterday we had the August Meet-Up wher we met up first at the new ICP to see the show that involved social media, and then we proceeded to Lorelie's for a regular Meet-Up.

The first three weeks in September because of Fashion Week will surely be mucho crazy for me because my gal is a Fashion Blogger and kind of the "it" woman.

Currently the September Meet-Up is the 25th. Sorry.

Cal

I had to miss the last one but, September Meet-Up on the 25th, should work for me as things now stand.
Steve

I had to miss the last one but, September Meet-Up on the 25th, should work for me as things now stand.
Steve

Steve,

It seems everyone has gotten busy of late. Glad that the 25th works for you.

There was some talk of doing another Philly visit in the fall.

Cal

Click the link below and think of how this relates to street photography in the trailer below: "Watching You Watching Me."

http://www.refinery29.com/shatterbox/?movie=watching-you-watching-me trailer.

If the link does not go directly to the trailer click on "Watching You Watching Me."

A very elegant presentation of interior and exterior, but all shot on the street of four people. I love that it was done in B&W. I know Ben will love this.

This is a trailer that is being pitched to become a full production.

Cal

Hi folks,
I haven't been to one of your meetups before, but I have come across some of you on the various fora here on RFF. I'd love to come along to the Sept 25 meetup and say hi in person.
Thanks,
Raj

Hello again.

We met once years ago at a reading that you were giving at Housing Works.

Yesterday we had the August Meet-Up wher we met up first at the new ICP to see the show that involved social media, and then we proceeded to Lorelie's for a regular Meet-Up.

The first three weeks in September because of Fashion Week will surely be mucho crazy for me because my gal is a Fashion Blogger and kind of the "it" woman.

Currently the September Meet-Up is the 25th. Sorry.

Cal

No worries! I saw you were headed to ICP the other day but couldn't come along; my kids were in town. I will definitely be checking out the gallery, though—I loved the old one.

I believe I remember you from Housing Works...I met photomoof there, too, maybe at a different event. Anyway, hope the ICP day was fun, and enjoy the 25th...

No worries! I saw you were headed to ICP the other day but couldn't come along; my kids were in town. I will definitely be checking out the gallery, though—I loved the old one.

I believe I remember you from Housing Works...I met photomoof there, too, maybe at a different event. Anyway, hope the ICP day was fun, and enjoy the 25th...

I met Fred at your gig. I sent you my negatives of the event, although they were shot kinda wide with a 35 Cron from a distance.

The new ICP is a bit more like a gallery than a museum now. I say they downsized.

Cal

GEAR ALERT: Leica SL.

Yesterday I packed up a knapsack of boxed gear and went to the Leica Store in Soho to trade up into a SL. Kinda painless even though my "beloved" black paint MP is gone, the rare early chrome 90/4.0 Macro Elmar, and my 21 SEM.

Funny thing is that my Wetzlar M6 with the Ti top plate kinda blew them away, and the M6 came home with me because they could not price or put a value on my prototype camera. A true "Monster." LOL.

I also bought this made in Germany leather and Cordova bag that can hold two rigged SL's so I'm ready if Leica builds a SLM.

Anyways the camera is mighty amazing. Currently I am using my 28 Cron and chrome 50 Lux with the M-mount adapter, but I had to try it with the Novaflex adapter and Noct-Nikkor which is kinda insane. What a monster. LOL.

I'm waiting for Leica to release the dedicated "R" adapter and the new firmware that has all the "R" profiles to use the 50 Lux "E60." This lens draws so much like a Noctilux, but without the light fall off in the corners.

Seems like "Maggie" has a red carpet event and will be attending first a photo shoot in the morning, and then a show at Monahan Station by B&H that is all set up for Fashion Week. The designer who invited "Maggie" to his show also is going to dress and style her for the show in his or her clothes.

Anyways this is big time...

So at the Leica Store, Craig, the buyer, says he has seen me around, and I tell him that I've been around a long time. LOL.

Eventually in conversation I mention that I do Piezography, and then Craig remembers me from the ICP Symposium I gave on printing. It seems Craig is familiar with my printing. LOL.

Cal

Back