Serial / date lists for C-44 Lenses ?

Luddite Frank

Well-known
Local time
8:40 PM
Are there any reference resources that list the C-44 Cintagon lenses made by Steinheil and help put a date one them ?

And do the American C-44 Cintagon lenses have serial number anywhere ?

:confused:

Hello Frank

I have in front of me a Argus C44 for 50mm f1.9 Cintagon. There is a SN # on the lens barrel "Steinheil Munchin Germany 1823987". The SN is located on the front ring of the barrel. On the edge towards the bottom of the lens. Not on the face of the ring but rather on the rings parameter. i have never used this camera. Is it interesting?

Cheers!

I think they are "interesting", some folks feel that the interchangeable lens mounting system was designed by the Devil himself....

The 1.9 /50 Cintagon was the "fast 50" for the C-44, and was indeed made for Argus by Steinheil... the standard lens was the f: 2.8 / 50 coated Cintagon, which was American-made - so far I have not found a serial number on the American lenses.

The C-44 is a decent performer, and quite a bit closer to a high-end rangefinder than the C-3 or A Argii, offering a rangefinder that is integrated with the viewfinder, and a system of interchangeable lenses and accessory finders.

Like other Argus products, it offered good performance at a modest price.

Regards,

LF

Back