Shooting Eastman (Double-X) 5222 in the Leica

Blue Danube Ceiling Detail by Nokton48, on Flickr

Ceiling Detail "The Blue Danube" Ohio State University campus area. For my wife and I our favorite bohemian hangout, a bar/grill with a lot of history. During dinner, Minolta SRT101 with 21mm F4 MLU lens was set squarely on dinner table, and made a minutes long exposure with cable release straight up into the ceiling. Camera positioned by a total guess. Was fun to do. Eastman XX film processed in Legacy Mic-X. Omega DII with LED head, 80mm F4 Rodagon Arista #2 Ultra RC paper 5x7. Sadly the Dube closed a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
XX 500ELM 80mm A12 Meter Prism by Nokton48, on Flickr

Oh No! I've done it now !! The EL/M is loaded with 120 XX, with 80mm F2.8 black T* Zeiss Planar. Adding a Bay 50 Hasselblad Medium Yellow Filter, 80mm Black Shade, and the original Meter Prism (reads out directly in EV's). Microprism Screen.Ready to roll. Next a roll will go into my Black Plaubel Makina II with the 100mm F2.9 Orthometar, Medium Yellow Plaubel Filter. EI 200 is fast enough to shoot medium format XX in interesting light. Sort of going back to the roots of this thread, and screw mount 35mm's. Except bigger

HM230621.jpg

HM230629.jpg

HM230642.jpg

"Museum in Motion" event earlier this month,
Leica IIIc, 35mm f/3.5 Elmar, first roll of Kodak Double-X that I've shot in at least 3 years.

XX Loaded into four cameras and backs by Nokton48, on Flickr

Eastman 5222 XX Movie Film loaded into four different cameras. From bottom right, Plaubel Makina IIIR with 100mm F4.2 Anticomar, film back is 35mm XX. Next in center is SRT101 in black Griptac and 100mm F2 MC Rokkor. Then to bottom right, Plaubel Makina II with 100mm F2.9 Anticomar and 6x9cm Makina Back. In the back is my Minolta Autocord with 120 6x6 XX. All lenses have yellow filters and hoods attached. I'll be shooting all this up soon.

Hi
I got an email from one of a film house alerting me that they have short ends of 5222 for .20 per foot. Not a bad price considering how hard short ends are to find these days.

PM me if you want the contact info.

Bob

edit--they have asked me to handle getting orders together, they don't have the time or resources to deal with small orders. so please PM me directly with the amount that you want and i'll try to get it going.

My uncle worked as a crop duster back in the days (1950s-1970s) when real men didn't mess with all that 'ealth 'n' saftey rubbish. "What harm could a bit of insecticide do? Are you an insect?" He died aged 44 leaving a widow, four children and a much wider family who miss him still.

Read those materials saftey data sheets. Pay attention and do as they tell you.

...Mike
M

Back