Shout out to Leica Miami

kshapero

South Florida Man
Local time
1:04 AM
I have bought many Leicas both new and used, both film and digital. All from Leica Miami (formerly called Dale Photos). If I ever had a problem in warranty or not, they either fixed the unit on the spot, sent it to Leica (and ALWAYS giving me a loaner on the spot) or just gave me a new one (or like used one) off the shelf. In other words their service is white kid gloves all the way. Remember the purchase is just the first part of the relationship with the seller (same with cars).

You're very fortunate to have such a shop essentially at your doorstep. Or did you move to Florida to be near your favorite shop? We Leicaphiles do have our priorities!

You're very fortunate to have such a shop essentially at your doorstep. Or did you move to Florida to be near your favorite shop? We Leicaphiles do have our priorities!
Well not quite my doorstep (about an hour away) but yes it was a great find since moving here in 2004.

I wish we had a Leica St. Louis. I do see an occasional used Leica on the shelves at Schiller's, but that's about it.

They had an ad to diagnose the M9 sensor problem that I took advantage of and confirmed that I had corrosion. No obligation and very helpful and friendly. When and if I decide on an M10 or Q2 they will be where I buy it.

there is a Leica shop in West Hollywood, walking distance from my sister's house. I am 45 mi south of it....but never set foot in the shop visiting family or for a day trip. It's one of the worst driving experience Orange County to LA.

Only one small shop in Santa Fe, Camera & Darkroom. Mostly used stuff, very small selection; they now farm out processing (expensive). Very friendly place to hang out and chat, however, with a temperamental shop cat who sometimes welcomes attention; otherwise, beware!
The cost of property in Santa Fe is beginning to put NY to shame. Too expensive to run a big photo shop, probably.

Camera & Darkroom has two locations in NM. There's the store in Santa Fe, and a larger store with more inventory in Albuquerque. They only sell used gear. The owner has been in the camera business for decades, and knows a lot about gear of all kinds.

The challenge in NM is that the population of the entire state is only just over two million people. There aren't enough people here interested in photography to support a variety of camera stores.

Back