Show off your TLR!

The Ful-Vue is sweet. You feel tempted to say: "Eat your porridge, my dear, and some day you'll be a grown Rolleiflex, too!" :)

Last edited:
Really beautiful indeed. Is it used sometimes, or does it stay in its case ?

Sorry for the delay in replying. Oh yes, it sure does get used -- I actually took it to Vienna in December, and picked up that 85/2 lens from Leicashop.

It is a great camera - my favourite, in fact - and it is truly a joy to use.

Here is the Contaflex TLR thread I started. I think I need to add some more photos to this thread!

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58956

Gakkenflex 35mm Twin Lens Reflex

Gakkenflex 35mm Twin Lens Reflex

The little 35mm Gakkenflex TLR is between my 120 Ricoh Diacord and Canon P. The GakkenFlex came as a kit in a Japananese magazine. The magazine, Otona No Kagaku, means Science for adults and is published by Gakken. Each issue explores a subject with a kit you can make. Issue 25 was photography and the twin lens reflex with one you could build yourself. It's classified as a toy camera since it has a plastic lens with wonderful aberrations but it is incredibly well thought out. What makes this unique in toy cameras is that it can be focused just like it's big brother. It has one shutter speed and f stop which is around 1/150 sec at f11. It's a hoot! More bigger pictures on my Flickr stream: Gakkenflex 35mm Twin Lens Reflex

Attachments

• 824.jpg
    824.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 0
  • 821.jpg
    821.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 0
Okay, I confess to Ful-Vue lust. I want one!

Yeah, the Ful-Vue is cool! Please post some pics from it, I'm interested to see what kind of character it has.

They should all be for shooting not collecting if that means just admiring but not using them. I was given the Rolleiflex on two conditions:
1) Get it CLA'd
2) Use it!

Wonderful gift, but even better conditions / advice! :)

Here's my Yashicamat.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• yashicavaike.jpg
    yashicavaike.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 0
  • yashicavaike2.jpg
    yashicavaike2.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 0
Soon...

Soon...

I will be able to join this thread.

This thread is dangerous- with all those Flexarets and the Ful Vue abd the Contaflex- too much to consider.

This is what my TLR looks like today- after lot and lots of cleaning and re-finishing. Hopefully she will be up and running soon.

Matt

IMG_2366.jpg

Matt, you are a brave soul. Kids, don't try this one at home.

I will be able to join this thread.

This thread is dangerous- with all those Flexarets and the Ful Vue abd the Contaflex- too much to consider.

This is what my TLR looks like today- after lot and lots of cleaning and re-finishing. Hopefully she will be up and running soon.

Matt

Back