Show Us Your Ricoh.

5575884484_4b2db2b843_z.jpg

just picked this little guy up yesterday. For only 10 dollars i couldn't pass on it, needs a new seal and the battery isn't working. Put some electrical tape in the back and burned through a roll to see if its all sealed. cannot wait to start shooting with this, its my first rangefinder. also attached to it is a home made wrist strap

...cannot wait to start shooting with this, its my first rangefinder...

Welcome to the club!

I started RF photography with exactly the same camera. And I still enjoy it, even if I have "big" M-mount too.

I am interested in your first feedback, not only about the pictures (YOU are more behind then the film...), but also about usability.

Last edited:
A black 500GX. I bought it and it's case on ebay and both look practically mint.

It's not one of the late ones that looks more like a 500ME.

No photographs OF the Ricoh 500 (with the trigger winder) but here's a photo I made with it.

SBstreetScreen.jpg

Santa Barbara, CA sometime in early 2004 before I deployed to Iraq.

Phil Forrest

Was it some sort of sarcasm?
I mean aren't you supposed to want more of some stuff if it turns out so good?
(I don't need to add pics, I've got one of those as well. Good? I'll find that out only after cleaning the shutter that sticks at the moment. I like the bottom mounted cocking/advance crank!)

My only Ricoh RF, so good I don't need more of them.

At the swap meet in Winter Park, FL, Sunday I found this beautiful final-version 500 complete with case. The shutter speeds and aperture blades seem to be good, and the glass clean and clear. Only problem is that the RF patch is very faint.

I have 2 x 519's and 2 x 500's, plus a Ricoh Auto 35 and a Ricohflex 120 TLR.

Attachments

• IMG_2351.jpg
    IMG_2351.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 0
Back