Show us your SLR ..... WHAT?

Asahi Pentax S and Takumar 35/f4

The 35/f4 is a new addition and joins the Takumar 55/f2.2 and 135/f3.5 to complete my early M42 kit. Pentaxians may know that this lens was likely Japan's first SLR wide-angle.

Both the AP-S and 35/f4 were only made for about a year, before being replaced by the hugely popular AP-K and 35/f3.5 respectively.
I have been very often tempted by this model but always shied away due to asking prices and holes on the curtain. I still keep an eye open thought. Great little cameras

I have been very often tempted by this model but always shyed away due to asking prices and holes on the curtain. I still keep an eye open thought. Great little cameras.

I stumbled across this example in the local classifieds as part of a bundle (that was mostly trash). First time I’ve seen one for sale in Aus... And yes, it needed new shutter curtains :)

The prices I’ve seen on eBay are a bit silly...

51993475754_c06d75b618_c.jpg

Shawn

Its a cosina hi lite dlr , I already have one . They take m42 lenses and are very robust with a metal shutter , you can use the self timer as a way of locking the mirror up which can be useful . same as the Konica autoreflexes.

I have only used it once , I wasn't that impressed although it wasn't a very fair test as I only used it wide open . Seems to have very close focus though.

I just found an Praktica LTL3 in a Pentacon eveready case. I haven't cleaned it up yet or put film in it, but the meter works and the shutter seems to hit its speeds. I will clean it up this weekend (a good rainy day task). I'll put pictures up later.

Scott

Back