Show us your SLR ..... WHAT?

The Zuikoholic thread just won against my budget planning...

om4ti.jpg

So this is not as iconic as what some of you have been posting recently (Nikon F &c.), but this one is a little bit special to me:

AE-1 Program by Argenticien, on Flickr

This is the second batch of kit that my father-in-law handed down to me earlier this year (first batch shown here), but I've just recently brought it home. I wasn't planning on going into another 35 mm system (beyond LTM and Pentax K/M42), but this one, like Dad's Rolleiflex, has a family connection for me, so it's a keeper. And anyway, my first real camera, sold 15 years ago, was an AE-1 (non-Program), so this is kind of back to my roots. It's in great shape other than needing light seals redone and the usual AE-1 squeal fixed. The AE-1's battery is even still good after 10+ years of disuse, and thankfully the flash had been stored with no batteries in it. All the kit has "V..." date codes, so apparently it is from 1981 when the Program was introduced. I've shot just a bit of a test bit with it; the 50 and 28 are good glass. I've not yet had a chance to try the long, slow bazooka 100-300/5.6.

I'm an available-light shooter, so believe it or not this is the first flash I've ever owned! It's purpose-built for this camera (and A-1 etc.) so works seamlessly with it, and does decently in full-manual mode on other cameras. While nondescript, it's somewhat the flame-thrower (GN 30 in m, nearly 100 in ft).

Best feature: Dad is seemingly cancer-free 7 months after giving me these cameras the day before surgery in the paranoid certainty that he was dying.

--Dave

Here's my favourite - a Rolleiflex SL66E. It's fitted with a 1924 (pre-Zeiss) Sonnar lens from a Contessa Nettel folder. Gives a nice, vintage look to the shot.

Attachments

• sl66e.jpg
    sl66e.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 0
  • planks.jpg
    planks.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 0

exa by berangberang, on Flickr

Loaded with Plus-X
and...

Universa Edixa Prismaflex by berangberang, on Flickr

Loaded with "lomography X-pro chrome" aka slightly expired Elite Chrome. I sold the Cassaron in the photo. Really a bad lens. I know steinheil made some fine lenses, but this one was terrible even by triplet standards... replaced with a Yashinon 2/50 - much better.

a little cross post from the Zuikoholic thread :)

no Zuikos in these images, but decent OM.

om_heliar_front.jpg

om_heliar_ganz.jpg

please note the fitting Voigtländer deluxe strap :)

A qucikly taken image of my Black plain prism Nikon F with 50mm f2 H C lens

Attachments

• oris 069.jpg
    oris 069.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 0
Originally looking for a/that 50mm at a local camera shop, I found this tiny camera.
It was pretty cheap and seemed to be fine, so I picked it up.
Popped two batteries in and it works like a charm.

Pentax ME Super von oliverleschke auf Flickr

Back