Shutter Release not working

jonathan z

Local time
1:29 PM
I have a recently purchased M6 and am having trouble with it. I'm not sure if it needs repair of if I'm doing something wrong.

I am having a problem where the shutter release button wont trigger the shutter.

I've double checked the manaual and the battery check indicates enough battery etc. Filme is advanced, lens out, curtain back, etc.

Sometimes the release will work, sometimes it will not. Also, in expirementing last night sometimes I'd press the button and it would release a bit late.

Finally, it seems to work more consistently in full manual but is still not 100%.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:bang:

I assume you're talking about the normal shutter release button and not the one that needs you to use a pen or something thin to release it?

Clarence

i had that problem with the Mamiya 7 and it was one of the reasons why i returned it in the end. I was told by the service agent here that the lens leaf shutters are magnetically released and that its a case of the lenses needing to be serviced regularly. send it in i guess. Will cost a bomb though

I had years of no problems with my Mamiya 6 until late last year when away in Paris when I had intermitant shutter lock ups. Removing the lens and cleaning the gold plated contacts on both lenses and camera finally seemed to cure it. At least so far.

Working again, How?

Working again, How?

All,

Thanks for the posts. I read on another forum about the electrical contacts as well as a side mount flash being too tight.

I cleaned the contacts between lens and bod and loosened, a bit, the quick release plate on the bottom. It's working fine now.

I'll cross my fingers!

Thanks again,
Jonathan
:)

Back