Shutter speeds off when shooting in manual

Kamph

Established
Local time
3:19 PM
Hey everyone
All of a sudden my CLE's shutter timings are off when set at anything else than AE - when set at 1/125th of a sec the exposure is several seconds long for an example. What's going on? It's working perfectly in AE.

Mine just started doing that too! I wrote to DAG and he said it's because something in the selector mechanism has worn out. And he couldn't work on it because of no parts.
In another thread in this forum there is a mention of a repairman that still works on CLEs. I just sent him mine.

Mine just started doing that too! I wrote to DAG and he said it's because something in the selector mechanism has worn out. And he couldn't work on it because of no parts.
In another thread in this forum there is a mention of a repairman that still works on CLEs. I just sent him mine.

Yikes, that does not sound too promising. Is this repairman located in the US? If so, it might prove too expensive to send him mine. Let me know if he finds a solution though :)

I've got two Leica R3 cameras, one only works in auto and one only works in manual. Same Minolta design, same time frame. God I loved the R3. Went back to the SL2.

I think a lot of issues with the CLE are fixable, unfortunately i wouldn't hold out hope on yours.

I've got two Leica R3 cameras, one only works in auto and one only works in manual. Same Minolta design, same time frame. God I loved the R3. Went back to the SL2.

I think a lot of issues with the CLE are fixable, unfortunately i wouldn't hold out hope on yours.

You might be right, but I've a hard time accepting defeat just yet. Few cameras make me want to get out and shoot more than the small and fast CLE. It's just such a great camera. With the CLE I feel totally cured for any temptations regarding Lecia cameras. It's close to the perfect M-mount camera - at least for me.

My Minolta SLR (similar to R series Leica) do same sherbert..
NO metering if on manual, exposures on Auto are OK.
My Minolta lenses have similar, almost identical flare,
to some of similar focal lengths of Leica lenses..

You might be right, but I've a hard time accepting defeat just yet. Few cameras make me want to get out and shoot more than the small and fast CLE. It's just such a great camera. With the CLE I feel totally cured for any temptations regarding Lecia cameras. It's close to the perfect M-mount camera - at least for me.

I feel your pain. Why must we punish ourselves. First the GR1 and now the CLE, when will I learn. I had this happen on one exposure yesterday, then it reverted to normal.

Who is the repairman who does CLE work? Is it a secret?

Back