Sigh...If only they'd make a digital GSN

As much as I liked the GSN for it's impressive metering and very nice lens I disliked the looks and the ergonomics. Over the years there has been some great threads involving GSN pics at RFF.

Yeah, bring it back! I'd love to see a Yashica digital rangefinder camera. Make it M-mount and I'll be ecstatic. If they partner with cosina - I'll passout from euphoria.

Well, the Yashicas we are talking here about were fixed lens cameras. To bring the analogy to digital [sic]: I believe my X100 is the best available approach in terms of functionality, shape and viewfinder nowadays.
Of course, I would really like to see a suitable GSN digital counterpart paired to the X100 series: Competition is good for business!

When asking about if they have any plans for a Digital Electro 35' they replied:

"Thank you for your interest in YASHICA's upcoming product.
There will be an official announcement soon, but before that, I am afraid I cant tell you much.
Please subscribe for our website and stay tunned!

Cheers,
YASHICA"

You expected anything more? It could be months before they release any new info. They had that place keeper site up for many years before making any noise.

PF

Hmm, could it be an electronic AF compact camera? Seeing the price soar and popularity of the Contax T line, it could be a possibility.

Hmm, could it be an electronic AF compact camera? Seeing the price soar and popularity of the Contax T line, it could be a possibility.

AF or RF, I just hope they can bring us something non-pretentious.

Those promotion/teaser videos they have released are soooo arty...:eek:

Back