Sigma Photo Pro

AndresR

Local time
9:17 AM
Hi, I need help with SPP. I barely know how to use it properly. I have a Sigma Sd Quattro and a Merrill. I take pictures in X3F, when I start SPP the photos look amazing, after a few seconds, a series of changes in the image automatically happen. I don't want this to happen, I like the photos as they come out of the camera. I notice many changes from the first image to the result after the changes made by SPP. What do I have to adjust in SPP so that this does not happen? Thanks and best regards.

Not certain what is happening to your images, but look at the very top area of SPP when you have opened up a specific image. There is a File/Auto/Custom bar. Click on File? This option is also at the top of the adjustment box itself.

It's a nasty little program to use. But the improvement from out of camera JPG to X3F is very real- finer grain, less mottling, etc. Find some settings that work for you (the X3F fill light slider is useful, I find) and spit out TIFFs that oyu take into another program.

Not certain what is happening to your images, but look at the very top area of SPP when you have opened up a specific image. There is a File/Auto/Custom bar. Click on File? This option is also at the top of the adjustment box itself.

It's a nasty little program to use. But the improvement from out of camera JPG to X3F is very real- finer grain, less mottling, etc. Find some settings that work for you (the X3F fill light slider is useful, I find) and spit out TIFFs that oyu take into another program.

Thank you for answer. In this video you can see what´s the problem.

https://youtu.be/n5EasaGP3XI

I basically use SPP to create tifs that I process in Lightroom ... the program does have some effective adjustments and as Dan pointed out the fill light light slider is one of them but the program is not particularly intuitive and it's very slow on my Mac so I avoid it wherever possible. I did notice that it got a little less co-operative with my Merrill files when it was upgraded to incorporate the Quattro.

Hi, I need help with SPP. I barely know how to use it properly. I have a Sigma Sd Quattro and a Merrill. I take pictures in X3F, when I start SPP the photos look amazing, after a few seconds, a series of changes in the image automatically happen. I don't want this to happen, I like the photos as they come out of the camera. I notice many changes from the first image to the result after the changes made by SPP. What do I have to adjust in SPP so that this does not happen? Thanks and best regards.

Most likely it is set to AUTO or Custom for the processing. Change it to X3F and it should use the settings in the file itself.

If you like the look of the setting as is you might also try shooting RAW+JPEG. Your initial view is from the JPEG that is embedded in the X3F file. You can also export that JPEG using SPP. The JPEG engine in the sd Quattro is extremely good, esp. if you load the low noise reduction firmware option into the camera.

The Merrill JPEG engine isn't to the same quality as the sd Quattro engine.

Shawn

Back