Smallest/lightest setup with fast 50mm (equiv)?

I'll probably eventually snag an m50 with the 32mm 1.4, but in the meantime i'll keep plugging away with my fuji setup :D thanks again for all the help guys!

If you do get the Canon... be sure to update this thread after awhile of use.

I love my Canon M6 with the 32mm. But even smaller is the M6 with the 22mm. Great color, and easier files to work with than the Fuji (I shot one of the X-E3s for about a year).

I have been travelling a lot with my Zeiss Contax iia. Normally I have the Voigtlander SC Skopar 21mm f4 on it, but for what you want the Zeiss 50mm f2 Sonnar would be better (Shallow dof). An f1.5 would be even better for you. The camera is very compact and takes nice pictures.

De-mosaicking the files is different than all other sensors. The Fuji X-sensor is the only non-Bayesian sensor out there (that I know of).

Here is a description. It does not show advantages, but I suspect it may have a bit more film-like output than Bayer (just an unqualified opinion).

https://petapixel.com/2017/03/03/x-trans-vs-bayer-sensors-fantastic-claims-test/

That didn`t answer the question for me. I have been using the x-trans sensors since they came out...and I know it well. I`ve been using Fuji at the same time as using bayer sensor cameras. I don`t see any difference in post processing and I like to post process.

I'm pretty sure the Sartorialist shot a lot with the Canon 5D Mark II and 50mm f1.2 L.

It depends on your maximum definition of small.

Micro Four Thirds options include the discontinued Panasonic GM1, GM5 and GX850. They share the same 16mp sensor as the GH3, GH4, and Olympus 16mp cameras, so the image quality is very decent. For 50mm equivalent lenses, there's the Olympus 25/1.8, 25/1.2; Panasonic 25/1.8, 25/1.4; and Voigtlander 25/0.95 and SLR Magic Hyperprime 25mm T0.95.

I have the Olympus 25/1.8 and Voigtlander 25/0.95. The Olympus is surprisingly beautiful in its rendering, although it has a distinctly modern look. The Voigtlander has a more vintage and organic look, but is glowy wide open. The glow doesn't go away completely until about f2. The Olympus f1.2 lens looks superb, but I have yet to try it. User samples definitely have no glow at f1.2, and Olympus put emphasis on pleasant bokeh in these lenses.

The smallest combination is the GM1 with Olympus 25/1.8; I carry this combination regularly if I want a fast 50mm equivalent that is as small as possible. Here are a few I've taken with this combination:

GM1 - Beats [explore 2014 07 05] by Archiver, on Flickr

GM1 - Bug Eyes From Behind by Archiver, on Flickr

GM1 - Zambesi by Archiver, on Flickr

Just to add, shallow dof for street portraits isn’t always a good thing. I find matching someone to an appropriate background (and keeping that in mostly in focus also) is quite pleasing. You’ll also be shooting against walls a lot where blurring that out doesn’t make much of a difference.

I shoot mostly a 50mm at f8, and sometimes a 35mm if I want more of the background in

has anyone a comparison between fuji xe3 and 35 1.4 vs canon m50 and 32 1.4 ? im really interested how theese combos compare.

Back