Some enhancements to the gallery

MP Guy

Just another face in the crowd
Staff member
Local time
1:27 AM
Been working on integrating the gallery with Xenforo. Coming along slowly but surely.

The gallery user profile has been enhanced to show stats and favorites.

Search capabilities greatly improved. Just click on magnifying glass when in the gallery page.

Ability to add your lenses and create albums back on profile page

No more double logging in. USer accounts are integrated with xenforo. profile pic, and other details all come from xenforo. The gallery profile uses xenforo and gallery data to present the details.

here is a sample profile page.

Screenshot 2023-01-18 172749.jpg

im on there with edge, chrome and firefox
Would there be some sort of setting in Edge that I need to turn off or on in order to access the Gallery and Classifieds? I don't have the Security at the Strict level so there shouldn't be any issue there.

PF

correct on mobile. that is in the works. it actually worked before just on mobile. just fixing a few things now

I just tried something by going into the Setting menu of AdBlocker and adding both of the URLs for Gallery Portal and Classifieds to the Allowed list and it didn't do anything to help the situation. I reloaded the AdBlocker Settings page, I reloaded the Forums page, I dumped the browser and brought it back up again, then I logged-out, dumped the Browser again, and then brought the Browser back up and logged-in to RFF. Nothing helped.

PF

When I try to view photos in my gallery I get a message “photos not found”. Unfortunately this means that threads where I’ve linked to images in my gallery here no longer display correctly.

Threads where a hosting service has gone down or changed have made a mess of postings and I tried to avoid that by having the images here on RFF. Looks like that wasn’t so successful.

Glenn

Reactions: dct
I found the work around for the Gallery Portal and Classifieds. I have to go into "Manage Extensions" and turn the AdBlocker off in order to see those two sections. It's not good enough just to have it paused when I visit the Forum.

PF

When I try to view photos in my gallery I get a message “photos not found”. Unfortunately this means that threads where I’ve linked to images in my gallery here no longer display correctly.

Threads where a hosting service has gone down or changed have made a mess of postings and I tried to avoid that by having the images here on RFF. Looks like that wasn’t so successful.

Glenn

I found the photos from old user account and worked some sql voodoo so they show up now under your new account.

I've just had a quick look and it seems to be working well for me - I could find the pics I'd posted before the big shake up, though I've not tried posting a photo today. I'm on "Mypal" (based on one of the old firefox types) and an "old" OS.

It's working fine for me using Chrome browser on Windows 10. My old pics are still there. I'll have to add some new ones!
Thanks for all your work to make this happen.
John Mc

Gallery continues to improve.

• 100% integration now with Xenforo. No more need to login again.
  • Portal page ( landing page of the gallery ) has been updated. Now it shows you 3 blocks of content which contain the following:

1. A mix of a few random images from the hall of fame along with the latest additions to the gallery appear in the first block.
  2. The most recently liked photographs now appear in the 2nd block.
  3. The latest comments now appear in the 3rd block.

This can always be reached by clicking on "Gallery portal" The regular galley with all photos can be reached by clicking on gallery.

• Managing albums just became easier. Simply click on your avatar to load your profile page. From there, you will see the manage and edit album links on the left.
  • Editing photos has been drastically improved. Just click on Edit my photos from the drop down Gallery menu when on the gallery page.
  • The top section of the drop down menu for Gallery, now includes direct links to your specific options if you are logged in.
  • You can now edit your lens list directly from your profile page.
  • Searching has been improved. Click on the Magnifying glass for search options.
  • You can now display the gallery ordered by date, views, user, likes and even aperture used.
  • Quite a few old features have been removed.

If you notice any errors please let me know.

First of all you are doing a great job with the new platform! But there are two things I would like to address.
It's correct that you do not need a password to access the Gallery, but if you click on Forum when in gallery mode, then you have to log in to get back into the Forum.
The second issue is that you now can pull images straight from your harddisk into any thread, which is very convenient. But if you do that, those images do not end up in the Gallery. I don't if there is a way to "fix" that, but we should all be aware of it.

Back