Some news about Okvintagecamera.com

In the summer of 2017, I bought a Kiev IIa from Fedka, circa 1956. It was the nicest one that Yuri had in stock. When I tested it out, I found that 1/1250 and 1/500 shutter speeds gave uneven exposure from one side of the frame to the other. It was noticeable at 1/250, but only if I was looking for the flaw. Yuri didn't have any others available, and the price was decent. Also, the camera looked really pretty. Therefore, I contacted Oleg, and mailed the camera with a 35mm Jupiter lens to him.

As an aside, shipping from the USA to Russia is now very expensive. I think it was about $50 for a relatively small box. When I sent a much larger box with my Nikon F2 to Sover Wong in England, it wasn't so expensive. I have a strong suspicion that a lot of this is political, on the part of the US Govt.

Anyway, Oleg replaced the curtain ribbons on the shutter. The old shutter ribbons had frayed, and were rubbing on metal items during their travel. There was no way to regulate their movement with these old ribbons. He gave the rest of the camera a CLA while it was opened up. The lens had oil on the diaphragm, and needed haze cleaned out.

Oleg returned the items to me very quickly. The camera is smooth - in fact the focusing is smoother than on a West German Contax IIa that Henry Scherer overhauled for me. (The Contax IIa has subsequently been remedied). Test exposures on slide film show that all shutter speeds on the Kiev IIa provide even exposure. The lens came back very clean, and smooth to operate.

I recommend Oleg's services highly.

Special coupon for LOMO Compact Automat cameras!
Use LCA15OFF coupon in shopping cart for get $15 off for LC-A cameras!

Some new items added to site. Original curtains from KMZ, original FED curtains, metal curtains for medium format Salyut camera.
And battery caps for Zenit available again!

Dear Oleg!
this is good news! I bought from you some Zenit parts some years ago (prisms and so on). Will place an order very soon!
Thank you! спасибо! благодарю!

Oleg, is there a way to get to see your site from within Russia? My browser keeps on being redirected here to RFF. Wanted to send you some cameras for service

Just received my KMZ Drug back from service and repair with Oleg. Everything seems to be in perfect order, the film advance and frame counter fixed. Took it out for a spin today and burned off a roll of Acros. Very pleased to know that these beauties can still be returned to working order.

med_U73354I1573317656.SEQ.0.jpg

Back