Sony A3000

subman60

Established
Local time
4:05 PM
I just picked a new one up from a charitable resale store. I have not had much time to spend getting to know it and have 3 days left to return it. Can anyone who owns one give me there thoughts on them?

Having handled one, I thought it was somewhat pointless for the NEX range. It loses the advantage of small size and does not have the advantages of an SLR.

Thanks for the info gentleman. Until today I haven't had much of a chance to fiddle with it. So far I'm not overly impressed with it.

I had a student Saturday who wanted me to teach him to use his. If I had to use one day to day, I'd shoot myself. Seriously. The worst, most unergonomic design I have ever seen.

Its ok for autoexposure, but if you want to use it on manual, changing aperture and shutter speed is an ordeal.

I had a student Saturday who wanted me to teach him to use his. If I had to use one day to day, I'd shoot myself. Seriously. The worst, most unergonomic design I have ever seen.

Its ok for autoexposure, but if you want to use it on manual, changing aperture and shutter speed is an ordeal.

I think that the handling extrapolates to many other entry level cameras. DSLR or Mirrorless.

My EPL2 is similar, a single dial for adjustments. Great with automatic and priority modes, forget about manual which is too fiddly.

Still, at the price these are going it can be nice as a mostly priority or automatic camera.

Yes I found shoting in manual mode a pain. I took about 2 dozen pics with it and just about half of them were out of focus. It's also about the size of my pentax KR so there is really no size advantage. Bought it new for $200 for my son to use on a trip. I think it's going back and we will look for something else for him.

It's pointless. The electronic viewfinder image is so tiny that Sony should have left it off and made the camera much cheaper and smaller.

Back