sony rx1...yes or no?

• seriously thinking about it

Votes: 45 32.8%
  • no way

Votes: 80 58.4%
  • i don't understand why they made it in the first place

Votes: 19 13.9%

• Total voters
The whole thing IMHO makes no sense. Maybe at $1895 or if it had a viewfinder. Just my two cents.

Your poll options are logically flawed as they do not span the full spectrum of options.

What about "YES, I am already dumping my Leica gear in anticipation of it".

If I didn't have a bunch of Leica gear, then sure. It looks exciting. But it's really expensive, so no way do I even think about it as a secondary camera. I could get a Summilux for that price.

I dare say there'll be bundle offers that will shave off a dollar or two.

As for me, I'm not tempted by this particular offering but I'm fascinated to see what follows it and how the other manufacturers respond.

Vf $600 add-on similar to the one on nex5n..

Gary
The VF for the NEX5n is $349. Something is not computing. Why would anyone want an almost $3000 camera and a VF that is not integral to the body. Sony knows how to do this. Witness the NEX 6 and 7. It baffles me that it is not built in.

For me "no".. For what shoot, just not enough of a plus over my current Fuji x100... The size is smaller than the x100, but it is big enough to have gone into the coat pocket category of the x100l. Once u get that big I want to c built in evf at least..

Gary

The VF for the NEX5n is $349. Something is not computing. Why would anyone want an almost $3000 camera and a VF that is not integral to the body. Sony knows how to do this. Witness the NEX 6 and 7. It baffles me that it is not built in.

600 is what all the websites are posting for that external evf. They changed the mount contact interface between this camera and the nex5.. If I could have used the nex5n evf, I might have considered it (but an awful big might at that). Built evf would have been for me the way to go, now that it is in the coat pocket category..

Gary

I voted "no way" primarily because of the price tag for a fixed lens camera.

• Yes on the full frame
  • Yes on the focal length
  • Okay on the fixed lens
  • NO WAY on the price given a fixed lens camera.
If this camera allowed interchangeable lenses, then it would have been a home run.

I think I will wait and see how the NEX6 performs.

Vf $600 add-on similar to the one on nex5n..

Gary

I'd love to have one (only with the add on VF) but it's out of the question and the only reason is price. I get wonderful results with the nex5n so it really makes no sense in light of the fact that I NEED a D800.....

You do realise you are never going to get a simple 'yes' or 'no' around here!

Just another thread full of handwringing angst laden reasons not to buy it ... most of them not based around the word 'no!'

:D

For me "no".. For what shoot, just not enough of a plus over my current Fuji x100... The size is smaller than the x100, but it is big enough to have gone into the coat pocket category of the x100l. Once u get that big I want to c built in evf at least..

Gary

Agree .........

Or the aternative is you deliberately started this poll knowing that it will lead to a discussion that will ease your own fears of spending three grand you know you can't really afford!

One lemming off a cliff never works ... we all know that!

Or the aternative is you deliberately started this poll knowing that it will lead to a discussion that will ease your own fears of spending three grand you know you can't really afford!

One lemming off a cliff never works ... we all know that!

We could rig it so it ends up all yes:D... NOT

Gary

Back