sound off...who still has an rd1?

well, we may never outnumber the total of classic camera users but we are small & proud troop as is. and now i don't feel so alone...;)

i too wish someone out there would take the initiative and make us a modern simple drf user. it would be so nice (and naive yes) if excessive profit wasn't always the motivating factor.

I keep mine with a VC Color-Skopar 35mm f/2.5 Pancake II in the car glovebox, mostly because it has outstanding battery life when idle. I pulled it out to use in the interim period after I sold my M8 to get a M9, but it will probably go back there.

Idle battery life is truly amazing. I pulled out a battery that hadn't been used in over 3 months and it was still almost fully charged. Topped off in less that 3 minutes charging time.

/T

I don't anymore:( Had to sell due to a family emergency... Missing it a lot (photography too actually, sold most of my stuff save for a couple of favorite lenses). When things turn around, I'll be sure to look for another one though :)

i feel for you franz.
in fact, i'm thinking about selling a lens as i am a bit short these days myself. no emergencies, thank goodness, but a few extra bills have caught up to my budget and i am feeling the pinch.
haven't yet decided if i will or not...

I use both of mine (R-D1 & R-D1s) & love them. This is what a rangefinder should feel like in your hands! No Leica M8, M8.2 or M9 for me!

I have one that gets infrequent use, but each time I do use it, I absolutely love the experience (and sometimes the results, too ;) ). Even though bought second hand one year ago, it has been the most expensive of my digital cameras (numbering 13 to date), but I haven't ever regretted the purchase. I wouldn't dream of parting with it (unless a similar and noticeably better Bessa-type DRF came along at a reasonable price).

See here for some of the pictures I took with it.

Still have mine and keeping it - probably the only RD-1 in Papua New Guinea. After using my DSLR it's always such a pleasure to switch to the RD-1. I use a bunch of old Canon LTM lenses from my father's collection and I love the results.

M9 is interesting, but too pricey and M8 has too many issues. I played around with the new Oly Pen, but can't handle the lack of a viewfinder.

well, we may never outnumber the total of classic camera users but we are small & proud troop as is. and now i don't feel so alone...;)

i too wish someone out there would take the initiative and make us a modern simple drf user. it would be so nice (and naive yes) if excessive profit wasn't always the motivating factor.
Wouldn't a digital Zeiss Ikon be so nice?

Got my Rd-1 12 May 2006 never had any issues happy with what I have got.Never had a cle but a digital one would be tempting!!

Regards
Steve

I do and love it.

Bought a M8 but couldn't get rid of the Rd1s. I'm considering selling the M8 and buying a M9 to see if, this time, it replaces the Rd1s. Even then, I don't think I would sell the Rd1s...

Still got mine, still carry it everywhere, but very tempted by the M9. Time will tell - it's the rolloff in the highlights & the overall tendency to either blow the highlights or lose details in the shadows that's the issue for me, if the M9 improves on that I may bite. (If you've shot in bright New Zealand sunshine, you'll know why contrast range is an issue!)
R...

As I wrote at another thread "...and getting more and more closer with RF (=R-D1), my DSLR is getting more and more dusty, I´m getting more and more nervous to sell all the Nikon stuff or not..."

Yes I have one. Best cam to carry around I ever had though it´s not perfect.

Epson R-D1

Epson R-D1

Stille have one untill I can buy a good M8, M8-2 or even an M9 if I win the Loto. I changed the ugly, floppy, sticky covering for a Cameraleather Griptac. Look great now. What's wrong : batteries life !

I use my R-D1 so much that I recently wrote a small batch program to rename new image files over EPSN9999.ERF

Currently at EPSN10516.ERF and still going strong!

i keep buying new batteries, generic, on ebay. i buy the 1800mah 3.7v and have no problems so far. i must have about 7 batteries that i carry so i never worry about running out of juice.
i do the same with 2 gig cards, i buy them when i find a good sale. about a month ago i found a nice deal on 2 packs and bought 6 new cards.

Back