Connecticut Southern New England Photo Ride (CT/RI Border)

Hi,

these are all great shots!
I wonder about the B&W choice ona foliage tour ;-)

Ciao
Joerg

PS. Peter, I was under the impression that the 35/1.4 ASPH would be a tad sharper .....instead wavy aberations.......

;-(

Some more pics

Some more pics

Too much coffee Joerg. ;)

OK so here are another few from me. I had my first bash at duotone with these so you'll have to forgive the variations. To be honest, I think duotone is more trouble than its worth. The first two are the 35/1.4 ASPH and the last three are the 24/2.8 ASPH. Interesting to see how my snap of the barn in B&W compared with Ray's. Maybe Joerg is on to something...

Attachments

• R1_1.jpg
    R1_1.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 0
  • R1_2.jpg
    R1_2.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 0
  • R2_34.jpg
    R2_34.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 0
  • R1_35.jpg
    R1_35.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 0
  • R1_26.jpg
    R1_26.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 0
@Ray about the 24/2.8

@Ray about the 24/2.8

One of the things I found out on this trip is that my heavystar 55mm wide-angle hood does not work on the Leica 24/2.8 ASPH. A real pain in the neck because I love those hoods. All of the 24mm snaps I posted here are cropped because of it, and I have to revert to the Leica hood that came with the lens. :(

These ASPH lenses are pretty amazing, you can shoot directly into the sun with no problems - see the last shot in my post above. Ray you were interested in the 24 and I've attached a detail of the tractor shot from the original TIFF file that has a 4660x3120 pixel size. You can make some very nice large prints from these lenses!

Attachments

• R1_27_detail.jpg
    R1_27_detail.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 0
Very nice photos, Peter. I love the look of the middle one. The duotoning worked well. That 24mm really is sharp.

It is really cool to go out shooting with other folks so you can see what they saw.

Yes I agree Ralph. I had a tough time with the field with corn stalks in it and I was hoping that someone would post a shot that I could look at and learn from. One of mine looked really promising under the loupe but I focused way too short a distance in front of me and most of the field is out of focus and the shot does not look good at all.

Then the other two were sort of flat, I posted them below so you can see what I mean. The first one has a dodgy-looking character in it so that doesnt help ;) and the second one looked promising in my VF what with the flattened stalks leading your eye to the farmhouse on the left but then when I see it in the scanner it isn't interesting. Perhaps its the FOV or the perpective. If I had taken it much closer to the ground maybe it would have looked a bit better. Disappointing though... :(

Attachments

• R1_21.jpg
    R1_21.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 0
  • R1_24.jpg
    R1_24.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 0
That field was tough to shoot. I have a few slides I still have to scan, but here are a couple of GRD shots I snuck in. ;)

Attachments

• fall 025 copy.jpg
    fall 025 copy.jpg
    569.6 KB · Views: 0
  • stalks.jpg
    stalks.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 0
Back