Stiching software

neilsphoto

Established
Local time
3:41 AM
Though I don't currently own an Xpan I'm very interested and plan to rent one soon to try. I scan with a Minolta 5400 and shoot mainly B&W.

I saw another thread about stiching from last year and stiching software was mentioned. Which one is the one to use? Also how/where is stitching done with PS CS. I've never seen anything in CS about stitching. Maybe I should look again. Thanks for your help.

Neil

Neil

There is various different software available to do panoramics. There are trial versions also and a web search should get you there, sorry lost all my sites. I don't know about PS CS but in PS Elements 2.0 you can use Photo Merge as a crude pano stich. The Minolta 5400 will NOT scan a pano frame from an Xpan only a regular 35mm sized frame.

Bob

Neil, the software mentioned in that thread is still very much valid. We all have our different likes and dislikes, reason why so many packages were named. I'd say download the trial versions and use these for a few days. They all work pretty much the same and the results are also pretty much the same. It's mostly up to you to decide which package you find most agreeable.

Back