Strap without metal rings

. . . A single piece of the paracord goes through, Roger. The hole in the lug is just big enough. Cord has a core of straight fibres, around which the outer is woven. If the ends aren't melted, the core can be pulled out to leave the woven tube of fibres. This tube can be doubled and will pass through. However, you can't do the loop thing where the bight goes through and the rest is passed through the bight and the whole pulled tight. Rather, you can do it at one end, but not at both ends. That's why the straps that use that attachment method have those dodgy quick release things - you do the bight/loop with each end and then attach the strap. With a single piece strap, that option isn't available, so putting a doubled part of the cord through doesn't gain anything.

Again, thanks for the information.

Cheers,

R.

Time for an update. I've checked out and decided against a lug replacement for the moment, instead opting for a manageable quick fix. That quick fix has been to replace the metal rings from my strap that caused all the problems, with a short piece of kevlar line. I plan on using my M3, like this until I have the lugs replaced down the line. Thanks to all who contributed and added suggestions above. Will update further with any material developments :)

Back