Successfully changed focus tab on 40mm Summicron C

Thanks. The lenses I have with these seem to center on 1.5-1.7m (35/1.4 ASPH, 21-35 dual, 40 Rokkor). I was actually thinking of putting one of these on a 90 M-Hexanon, since it has a short throw, a light action, and the Heavystar tab just fits aft of the knurled part of the focus ring. Needs some compression to make contact, but it would be kind of cool if it worked...

Dante

HEAVYSTAR is back in the game

HEAVYSTAR is back in the game

Hi guys, it is rather late but for those of you who are so desperate in wanting to add a focusing tab onto your lens/lenses, here is the link!

2 x Leica M Camera Lens Focusing Handle in Mint

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201071416215?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

heavy star from ebay started to sell them again and i guess in a limited stock. So go and get one asap!

I am going to utilise this new product called "sugru". It is like a mouldable silicon that sticks really well and can be removed very cleanly.

Looking forward to receiving the focusing tab i just ordered.

Cheers,

Hi guys, it is rather late but for those of you who are so desperate in wanting to add a focusing tab onto your lens/lenses, here is the link!

2 x Leica M Camera Lens Focusing Handle in Mint

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201071416215?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

heavy star from ebay started to sell them again and i guess in a limited stock. So go and get one asap!

I am going to utilise this new product called "sugru". It is like a mouldable silicon that sticks really well and can be removed very cleanly.

Looking forward to receiving the focusing tab i just ordered.

Cheers,

Does it work with zeiss lenses?

Not to flog a dead thread, but when installed, how does one of these tabs sit on the 40 Rokkor? With the lens at infinity, it looks like the Heavystar tab would be slightly over the edge of the focusing ring (in other words, slightly wider than the ring itself - though the tab's screw hole would allow you to set it in a more foreward or less forward position, depending on the tab's orientation). I was going to send this to DAG to have it installed, but there isn't a lot of point if it won't fit right.

Thanks!
Dante

New focus tab product.

New focus tab product.

Hi all, I am working on prototypes and soon to be full production lens focus tabs. It is a universal product that works for most lenses. You can check out lenstab.com for more information. No more glue, screws, or zip ties!!

Back