Schloss Neuschwanstein, Bavaria

EPL150_1.4-26-XL.jpg

EPL150_1.4-35-XL.jpg

EPL150_1.4-48-XL.jpg

EPL150_1.4-47-XL.jpg

Ulm, Germany

i-5zXNt7h

EPL150_1.4-3-XL.jpg

Wonderful pictures of such a beautiful place!
Thank you for sharing them, Raid.

IMHO, the Panasonic/Leica 25 f1.4 is the best m4/3 lens. It's practically glued to my Olympus OMD EM5 mark I.

Great pictures Raid. I have a 25/1.4 that hasn't been used for a while, but my son and I have just bought an EM-5 Mark II, so it will get more use again. I was in Wetzlar some weeks ago and am now in Italy. I met Robert and his wife Simo in Vicenza. Top people.

Thanks.

Yes, Simo and Robert are wonderful people indeed.

The 25/1.4 is a great lens. It should work very well with your EM-5 Mark II.

Thanks for your photos. Very nice and what I would expect from this lens. Raid I am also interested in asking what is your take on the comparison between this m43 version and the earlier (and much larger) Olympus 4/3 version. I have the latter and use it on an adapter with my OM D EM 5 and while I like it very much (I must be a masochist - it is huge) I would never the less be interested in how you compare them. My choice of that lens is purely emotional - I lusted after it ever since it first came out over 10 years ago. Some regard it as even better in some ways but my guess is that the differences if any are likely to be slight in practice. If there is anyone on this forum who is likely to know I figure it is you).

Hi Peter,
I have never own any 4/3 camera before, so making comparisons with the M 4/3 cameras is difficult for me. The Summilux 25/1.4 fits very well on the E-PL1 or on the E-P2 with respect to size and weight. It keeps that camera light in comparison with using an SLR lens such as the Zeiss Planar 50/1.4 for the Rollei QBM. The main reason why I still use my two M 4/3 cameras is their small size. I can carry two cameras, each with a lens, plus batteries and memory cards in a very small camera bag. I sometimes use one M 4/3 camera and one Leica M camera as a pair on some trips. The lenses become dual focal length (crop) as a 50mm lens on the M9 shows a 100mm crop on the M 4/3, say.

Hi Peter,
I have never own any 4/3 camera before, so making comparisons with the M 4/3 cameras is difficult for me. The Summilux 25/1.4 fits very well on the E-PL1 or on the E-P2 with respect to size and weight. It keeps that camera light in comparison with using an SLR lens such as the Zeiss Planar 50/1.4 for the Rollei QBM. The main reason why I still use my two M 4/3 cameras is their small size. I can carry two cameras, each with a lens, plus batteries and memory cards in a very small camera bag. I sometimes use one M 4/3 camera and one Leica M camera as a pair on some trips. The lenses become dual focal length (crop) as a 50mm lens on the M9 shows a 100mm crop on the M 4/3, say.

Thanks Raid. But I am surprised. I thought you owned every lens in the world :^) Although maybe your wife says that about you. Mine certainly says it about me.

The 4/3 version 25 mm f1.4 is very big - 62mm filter size and weight of 510 grams (18 ozs). It truly is gorgeous but I fully realize most people would say it is far too big for an M43 camera (call me a masochist) cheers mate. Link here http://www.four-thirds.org/en/fourthirds/single.html#i_025mm_f014_panasonic.

Hi Peter,

I've been doing the same thing, Raid, on European trips over the last 3-4 years. I've taken one film camera, such as a IIIc or Bessa R2A, and one m4/3 camera. I use the latter for color and the former for bw film. It keeps the cost and quantity of film down, and allows me to shoot in low light situations w/ the digicam. And, as you note, I can use the rangefinder lenses on the m4/3 body (my Canon 35/2.0 makes a nice portrait lens on a m4/3 body).

Back