Symptoms of a dying M8 LCD?

taffy

Well-known
Local time
11:07 PM
Hi

Just want to ask the M8 users in the group what are the early signs that the LCD is about to fail. I was shooting a lot this weekend and the LCDs colors were changing / fluctuating when I was viewing images while the camera was writing the files to the card.

Is this an early sign the LCD is going to go?

Thanks in advance!

Taffy

The colours went funny when viewing images while the camera was still writing files to the memory card?

Rather than a symptom of a dying screen, I think its probably because you were maxing out the processing capacity of the camera - similar to running a computer's CPU at 100%. I'm guessing the the colours looked fine while viewing images when the camera was not writing files to the memory card.

The colours went funny when viewing images while the camera was still writing files to the memory card?

Rather than a symptom of a dying screen, I think its probably because you were maxing out the processing capacity of the camera - similar to running a computer's CPU at 100%. I'm guessing the the colours looked fine while viewing images when the camera was not writing files to the memory card.

Thanks for this. There's a really good chance that was the case. I'll keep on using it and seeing if it only happens under those circumstances.

Back