Tell me about Canon Pixma dye-based printers

Dogman

Mentor
Local time
7:11 AM
Anyone here using one of the Canon printers for photos? The Pixma Pro-200 specifically, any Canon dye-based printer in general?

Not Epson. Don't recommend Epson. I know it delivers great prints. And I've never had a clogged nozzle with my Epsons. But both Epson's I've owned developed feed issues and I'm not willing to buy another one considering the cost and reliability problems I've had.

I've decided I will be fine with a dye-based printer. I don't need archival prints, just nice-looking prints.

So? What say you about the Canon printers?

I can't help you with dyebased printers, but I have 2 Canon pigment printers - PROGRAF PRO-1000 and PIXMA PRO-10. They both make beautiful prints but waste a lot of ink at startup time, especially after sitting for awhile. The Pro-1000 prints up to 17 inches wide and uses 80ml cartridges which are very expensive (about $600 for a full set). The Pro-10 prints up to 13 inches wide and uses smaller carts (about $120 for a full set). Both printers have been more reliable that the Epsons I previously had. I used to get clogged nozzles with Epson. I tend to use the Pro-10 unless I need something larger than 13x19 inches because of the ink cost. ---jb.

Back