"Tested "the new Leica SL out yesterday.

Leica All Day

Mentor
Local time
8:53 PM
haha, you guys are funny........ The body is actually not that "big" and it handles well and feels really good in the hands (well, at least in my big hands). The viewfinder is really awesome and the screen on the back is really nice.

cheers, michael

Beside one all digital cameras on the market are having screen on the back those days :angel:

haha, you guys are funny........ The body is actually not that "big" and it handles well and feels really good in the hands (well, at least in my big hands). The viewfinder is really awesome and the screen on the back is really nice.

cheers, michael

Well, I checked it out the other day and the body is ridiculously nice. The zoom, not so much...just way to big.

Beside one all digital cameras on the market are having screen on the back those days :angel:

haha, sorry, maybe that came out wrong. What I meant was, the quality of the image on the back was a lot "better" than what I have seen on my friend's Canon 6D and from the other Leica digital cameras that I have used. Once again, I don't have a lot of experience with digital cameras, but I think that the resolution on the Leica SL is really nice.

And that "one digital camera" that doesn't have a screen on the back (Leica M60), I really love that camera. My friend has one and I really enjoy using it.

cheers, michael

Significant advances in LCD and EVF quality and performance are important developments.

Despite its obvious success and decades of refinement, the mechanical reflex mirror system has significant disadvantages in both performance and manufacturing costs.

Thanks for sharing. And I was expecting nothing more than an Q with interchangeable lenses ... and we have mirrorless reimagined, a platform for M, R, and all the alt glass one could want, an AF implementation, and (to me) in a sexy, yet practical body. All that remains is reliability and service, which will become apparent soon.

Well, it looks as big as my Sony a700 and a lot uglier; like a botched prototype of guesses, from bloggers, of the final look.

Suppose ah'd better buy some new clothes - now that it's out in the world....and prepare for a revisionist history of mirrorless cameras...ooops, too late, MCToumey got there first (nae offence MCT);)

Well, it looks as big as my Sony a700 and a lot uglier; like a botched prototype of guesses, from bloggers, of the final look.

Suppose ah'd better buy some new clothes - now that it's out in the world....and prepare for a revisionist history of mirrorless cameras...ooops, too late, MCToumey got there first (nae offence MCT);)

None taken. It's all down to taste and needs, after all.

Please post some images taken with it.

Judging on the LCD isnt a very good way to judge a camera. The images from the M9 I had (when it worked) were light years ahead of how they appeared on the LCD. The screen on th M9 was about the same quality as the nikon D1 LCD which wasn't good at all.

Proof is in the images and how it holds up over time. Everyone has a different standard by how we judge images.

I'am going to echo what the OP said. I handled the camera at photoplus. The body is ridiculously nice. Perfect size and is very light weight.

Back