Thank you, Roger and Frances!

tbm

Established
Local time
5:29 PM
Kudos to both of you! I just received and read the January issue of Shutterbug Magazine and your respective articles, as always, are the best! Both of you continue to show an outstanding usage of correct grammar and punctuation and I truly continue to appreciate both of you using humor and appropriate detail when describing products to a suitable extent. I also extremely appreciate your candor and honesty in evaluating photographic items. I hope to meet both of you in the future so that I can express my gratitude in an additional way (with a Leica salute), hopefully with a wonderful bottle of wine and a dandy meal!

Terry
Los Angeles

Leica forever!

Last edited:
if you really want to thank & help Roger & Frances, simply sign-up (and pay) for a years subscription to their on line photo classes. They are refreshingly unique in their upfront statements that this is one of the ways they fund their frugal but interesting lifestyle.

I finally got my hands on The Rangefinder Book and really enjoyed it. I showed my wife their author bio, hoping she'd throw in the towel and become a photography nut as well, as Frances says she did when she met Roger...so far, no joy.

Thanks, you two!

For sure I would not subscribe to Shutterbug if not for Roger and Frances, and add my appreciation to the straight talking style. I remember the old Compuserve Photo Forum days as well.

Generosity of time is the most precious.

Hope to bring a good bottle of wine to the party some day.

Regards, John

Last edited:
I would like to second what has been said. Just finished Perfect Exposure . I will be dipping into that for years to come. Clear and sensible advice and great photos . He is not bad on Landrovers either !

I appreciate your articles in Shutterbug as well. Also your commentary and interesting insight here on RFF.

Thanks.

Well, gosh, thanks, everyone!

I've been off the forum for a few days because I'm in love.

As well as the most wonderful wife in the world, to whom I've been married for just under 27 years, I've just acquired a sort of 'lend-lease' teenage daughter, with whom I have also fallen in love (in a rather different way, of course).

She's 18, the daughter of a friend I've known for 35 years, and she's on her gap year (or two) between school and university. She's staying for 2-3 weeks and she's great fun; the enormous advantage, of course, is that we didn't have the trouble and expense of the previous 18 years (or the next 5).

She's about to embark on a Teaching English as a Second Language course, so if anyone knows of any interesting jobs for a qualified (but young) TESL/TEFL teacher and translator in a few months' tine, let me know. She's completely bilingual in French and English (born in the UK, lived in France since she was 9); speaks excellent German (she took her baccalaureate and Abitur simultaneously); and is competent in Russian. By the time she has completed her course she should be able to teach French as easily as English, and German very nearly as well as either.

We sit around talking late into the night, and I remember being 18 years old (which isn't always wonderful). She's exactly 40 years younger than I, born on my 40th birthday, which I spent a quarter-block from the corner of Haight and Ashbury.

So that's why I'd not responded to this wonderfully kind thread before: I'd not seen it.

A merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year to you all (and to all RFF members).

And, of course, Love, Light and Peace!

Cheers,

R (+F) (and probably Aditi, but she's gone to bed so I can't ask her)

PS: We'd love to meet any or all of you for a meal and/or a bottle of wine -- and if you're going to be anywhere near Poitiers, let us know. 'Us' is Frances and me, not Aditi as well unless she happens to be around.

Last edited:
Roger, I really miss your great articles in russian PhotoMagazine. You helped me a lot too.

Thank you very much!

Roger
Not a lot of nightlife in Moncontour!!
Rupert and I will be through again in the spring , so look forward to seeing you and Frances then, dinner or lunch will be on the agenda.
Have a cool yule.
Clive
www.clive-evans.com

I also want to express my gratitude and appreciation. As a regular buyer of Amateur Photographer (at the Waterstone's shop in Brussels), I always open the magazine at the last page to read Roger's column first. See here for photographic evidence...

I also benefited from some of his books and I subscribed for one year to their website. Actually, I just realised that I would still have been a paying subsciber if the site had some kind of automatic reminder in place that my subscrtiption was about to expire ;) I suppose this will be a Christmas present to myself...

The Rangefinder Book is a must read for RF lovers everywhere. It brings alot of things into perspective. I snagged one long before I learned Roger blogged here.

where exactly is Aquitaine?

The claim covers a large part of south western France.

Roger Hicks lives in 'Aquitaine' region, whereas Pitxu lives in 'Basque', which disputes the territorial claim.

Sparks will often fly.

The area is actually pretty boring, but what does that have that got do with a border dispute anyway?

Back