The Birds - Hitchcock style

SE7EN - ( David Fincher )

(7 Peacocks)

Arcadia, Los Angeles County

Image by Taipei-metro

Pentax KS-1, ricohPentax 18-55
Image file Reduced fitting rfF

I like the effect very much. How did you go about modifying to get the shattered sky effect - photoshop? Or is it a trade secret?

No digital tricks there. I cut an about 7 x 7 cm large piece of plastic wrap (the one for kitchen use), I curled it up to make it "wrinkly", then flattened it out again and taped it inside the Diana F+, between the lens and the film.

Reflecting on the original title "like Alfred Hitchcock's the Birds" I remember riding my touring bike through Bodega Bay where Hitchcock's movie was filmed, I asked the Postmaster where people worked around there. I was told that if you had to work, you could not afford to live in Bodega Bay and the people who worked in Bodega Bay, like him, could not afford to live there.

In 2005, sensing a major cultural shift, I photographed the people at the Daytona Beach Boardwalk every weekend from January through June. They transitioned from the low budget winter visitors to the NASCAR Speed Weeks crowd, to Bike Week to Spring Break to Black College Reunion to the typical summer tourists. This was one of the low budget winter visitors who was "special" but arrived every day with a loaf of bread to feed the seagulls.

man-feeding-seagulls.jpg

The Bird II

Arcadia, Los Angeles County, USA

a Taipei-metro Image

Lumix G6,
Zuiko 14-42
the Images has been Formatted to Fit your Screen

Oh, there really is a thread for everything on RFF. I once had this encounter with a crow who I thought had a good sense of how to pose for photos.

Click image for larger version  Name:	archiv1819-247.jpg Views:	0 Size:	279.8 KB ID:	4811489

Click image for larger version  Name:	archiv1819-250.jpg Views:	0 Size:	270.1 KB ID:	4811490

archiv1819-249.jpg

Reflecting on the original title "like Alfred Hitchcock's the Birds" I remember riding my touring bike through Bodega Bay where Hitchcock's movie was filmed, I asked the Postmaster where people worked around there. I was told that if you had to work, you could not afford to live in Bodega Bay and the people who worked in Bodega Bay, like him, could not afford to live there.
Bob you’re great!

In 2005, sensing a major cultural shift, I photographed the people at the Daytona Beach Boardwalk every weekend from January through June. They transitioned from the low budget winter visitors to the NASCAR Speed Weeks crowd, to Bike Week to Spring Break to Black College Reunion to the typical summer tourists. This was one of the low budget winter visitors who was "special" but arrived every day with a loaf of bread to feed the seagulls.

View attachment 4811467
Bob you’re a smart guy; going up the current of the river... against flow!

Back