The Impossible Project: the old Dutch Polaroid factory

brooy

observe wait capture
Local time
4:34 AM
Impossible b.v. has been founded with the concrete aim to re-invent and re-start production of analog INTEGRAL FILM for vintage Polaroid cameras.

Therefore Impossible b.v. has acquired the complete film production equipment in Enschede (NL) from Polaroid, has signed a 10-year lease agreement on the factory building; and has engaged the most experienced team of Integral Film experts worldwide.

Ranging from simple screwdrivers via special spare parts up to 10 giant Integral Film assembly machines, all machinery and tools needed to develop and produce up to 100 million new Integral Instant films per year are present in Building North. Impossible b.v. has purchased the complete production setup in working order (which produced film up to the middle of the year) from Polaroid. All machines are still fully connected and operational. The original total costs of this unique and highly specialized setup today is approx. 100 million EUR.

http://the-impossible-project.com/

Don't forget to sponsor by ordering a tee-shirt!

As a manufacturing engineer, I can only guess what a giant undertaking this is. I also wish them success. Polaroid will probably just be an artist's material, what with digital, but I sure would like to use my SX-70 again. Hopefully there will be enough demand to keep just one factory going.

Back