The Industar 26 / 61 Gallery

Zorki 3m, I61ld, aviphot80, D25
sna4WwB_NUI.jpg

I have a very clean I-61 that I got in a trade, as a body cap actually, I have never shot it. I figured because you could get them for $12 shipped from Eastern Europe they were poop, and here you are making decent pictures with one!

I hope you recognize the lens on the Leica camera.)
To do a good job in anything, if the lens doesn't like it, it will make bad shots...
I hope the translation is a little clear.)
The pilot strokes the plane before the flight, like a jockey horse before the race (This often helps)))

I shall screw it on the Zorki 3M and see what's what!
I hope you recognize the lens on the Leica camera.)
To do a good job in anything, if the lens doesn't like it, it will make bad shots...
I hope the translation is a little clear.)
The pilot strokes the plane before the flight, like a jockey horse before the race (This often helps)))

2006-F10-36.jpg.small.jpg

Industar 61 Zebra, Zorki 1, Tri-X 400TX @ 1600, 1/50, f2.8, developed in Calbe R09 1+50 for 28 minutes, November 2013.

Last edited:
Alright, so about a year ago, I got an Industar 61 with a Zorki 4. Turns out the take-up spool was the incorrect one, but I shot a couple rolls with the bad one (it slipped, but kinda worked). Now that I have the new spool, I'm excited to try out a completely working camera.

That said, what's up with these lenses (I mean, Russian RF lenses in general)? Something I've noticed with nearly all the color shots I see from them is that they render color very...flat? All the shots I see look like they're 50 years old. Here's a couple shots with the Zorki/N61, shot on Fuji Superia 400 at box speed, shot with a light meter:

1216x811x2.jpg

1216x811x2.jpg

By comparison, here's the same film, shot with the same meter, through a Yashica Electro 35:

1024x1545x2.jpg

Also, the white spots: dirt, or a hole-y curtain?

Alright, so about a year ago, I got an Industar 61 with a Zorki 4. Turns out the take-up spool was the incorrect one, but I shot a couple rolls with the bad one (it slipped, but kinda worked). Now that I have the new spool, I'm excited to try out a completely working camera.

That said, what's up with these lenses (I mean, Russian RF lenses in general)? Something I've noticed with nearly all the color shots I see from them is that they render color very...flat? All the shots I see look like they're 50 years old. Here's a couple shots with the Zorki/N61, shot on Fuji Superia 400 at box speed, shot with a light meter:

In my experience, the FSU rangefinder lenses that I have used give excellent colors. Looking at your examples, I suspect that your color issues stem from a shutter problem and the resulting poor exposures.

This is from my Industar-61 L/D and expired Fuji Superia 400

Untitled by Colton Allen, on Flickr
Canon 7 Rangefinder
Industar-61 L/D 53/2.8
Expired Fuji Superia 400
Nikon Coolscan V ED​

I made this image with an Industar 61LD converted to Kiev/Contax mount for the Sony E mount.
The Dude by Carlos Yashinon, on Flickr
Here is one more from the adapted lens and NEX6
Zen Stones by Carlos Yashinon, on Flickr

This is what the Kiev/Contax to NEX adapter looks like. Cleaner than some I have seen.
Industar 61LD converted to Kiev mount & adapter by Carlos Yashinon, on Flickr
Looks OK on a NEX
Sony NEX6 and Industar 61LD adapted for E mount by Carlos Yashinon, on Flickr

Now I can also use my Jupiter 8m as well as my Helios 103 with the NEX6.

1216x811x2.jpg

1216x811x2.jpg

By comparison, here's the same film, shot with the same meter, through a Yashica Electro 35:

1024x1545x2.jpg

Also, the white spots: dirt, or a hole-y curtain?

Well, the quality of light after the sun has set is not all that good for color. And the spots are just dirt, probably introduced during the scanning process.

PF

Zorki 3m, I61ld

Type 42L (2018) (perhaps there's a Jupiter 12, although according to our records, industar 61лд)
0772.jpg

Type 17 (1987) (here is exactly 100% industar 61ld)
03813.jpg

Type 42L (2018)
0762.jpg

Few of my pictures with obvious (big white spot in the middle of frame) but what it seams to be random problem. It's not flare related I guess since some pictures were taken from shade and still received white spot.

67hkM3T.jpg

V44s4ad.jpg

ubungKL.jpg

jElSR6R.jpg

eZsJ6rg.jpg

And last one is my favourite :)
iyiTU1F.jpg

Back