The Jupiter-12's fits on the Bessa according to this site.

I just received a mint 1979 jupiter 12. I can say it does fit but focusing is limited to 4.5 metres and no metering. Still looking forward to trying it out though.

Judging from the pic you should be safe with a Black J12 from '72 manufactured in the lytkarino plant...

Hi,

I've just been looking at a lot of them on ebay and they all had the Lytkarino logo and so I wonder as I would have expected other factories to make them. But I can only go by internet rumours...

As for standards, a lot of people pay a lot for cameras and protect their (so called) investment by getting them looked after properly. Others pay as little as possible for the camera and then expect them to be in the same state as the dearest. But they don't bother to get them looked after properly, because they were cheap...

As I see it, a lot of cameras were stuck for decades in drawers as digital took over the headlines. So it's no wonder they are in a sorry state. And, the older ones having been around longer might just have reached the age where people can't put off getting them serviced.

Just my 2d worth.

Regards, David

Back