The Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1

I've tried my Leica 14-50 on a GH2 with the Panasonic AF adapter and it works but it racks back and forth before locking focus. It's best to use it on the L1 though. BTW, mine was brand new when I bought it and it has maybe 50 shots on it. I bought it for the lens but never really got around to using it since I was so heavily invested in Sony.

Yes I agree it can be slow.

But oddly I found that this lens works better and faster on Olympus M4/3 cameras (with adapter) for some reason rather than on Panasonic M4/3s. In fact when I mounted it on one of my Pany M4/3s (I think it was a Panasonic GF1) it did not register an image at all. This seems to be lens specific though as I also have a Panasonic - Leica 25mm f1.4 D which I have successfully used with the same adapter on the same Panasonic GF1 camera and found it functioned more or less perfectly. Odd.

From memory I think I tried the Panasonic 14-50mm on the Panasonic GX7 after I bought this more recently (as well as my Panasonic GF1) and got the same error - while, however I found that the same lens / adapter works perfectly on my Olympus OM D EM 5. So well in fact I took this specific combo on a holiday to Bali with me as my main lens and camera outfit (though I also shot pretty extensively with the Olympus 75mm f1.8 when more reach was called for) and it all functioned perfectly.

Bali Sunset Jimbaran Bay by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

43221303615_38ffc3ba84_z.jpg

Back