The "post-digital MPi." Is this a signpost of the future?

Tim San Francisco

Island Boy
Local time
12:38 PM
RFFers: I haven't been visiting or posting for quite a while, being preoccupied with other pursuits and obligations. Undoubtedly some of you may have seen this already. However, I had to toss this out for consideration and discussion. See:

Attachments

• Screenshot MPi.png
    Screenshot MPi.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
I liked the fact that he was able to remove it to restore the camera to original function in seconds. Clever stuff! :)

If it's FF I'm impressed; otherwise, eh. Too many other options,.

I still want someone to successfully make the full frame digital gadget that fits into a film camera where a roll of film would have :)

As a look-what-I-did it's a cool idea but as a signpost of the future - might have been in the 1980s but there's a lot of water under the bridge now.

If it's FF I'm impressed; otherwise, eh. Too many other options,.

I still want someone to successfully make the full frame digital gadget that fits into a film camera where a roll of film would have :)

+1

Not what you mean, but weren't there early Kodak digital SLRs that used Canon or Nikon film bodies? As to cameras doing either - a couple of medium formats (Hassleblad 500-something with a V-mount digital back; Mamiya AFD with film or digital backs) and probably Sinar stuff? And occasional kickstarter projects to add small sensors to the back of old cameras.

It looks pretty goofy, but hey, even Oskar Barnack had to start somewhere! Give this guy credit. Sometimes these hacks are fun, just for their own sake.

It looks pretty goofy, but hey, even Oskar Barnack had to start somewhere! Give this guy credit. Sometimes these hacks are fun, just for their own sake.
Exactly, and it could lead to bigger and better things. We are at a point where one can design and print a film camera without even getting off of the couch.

DIY digital is considerably more difficult but it has to start somewhere.

Excuse "I have not been around" is acceptable.

😁​

Making of the Digital Leica Standard​

How to use Digital Leica Standard​

Whoa. There are camera hacks, and there are camera hacks!!! This is awesome, but I won't ask "why?" That would be missing the point. Sometimes, you just do it because you can, and it's fun.

Back