The R4M - I have been wanting to do this for a long time

I think you will like it. For a 21 it's great.
Now if some one would make a digital version.
Joe
Yup, agree. I love my 21, not so fond of the dealing with the finder especially since I have to take the thumb rest out of the shoe to use it.

52906140051_4403d9fb79_c.jpg

Mailman brings joy.

Congrats! It is a nice camera. I think the real money uses for the R4 are for the 25 & 28. The problem with the 21 frame is that: (1) is it not terribly accurate; and (2) it obviously does not display the extreme perspective distortion that 21s have -- presenting a far flatter view than what will show up on film. It is still way easier to use than an external finder. I really like the R4 and would not easily part with it.

NIce camera. I have an R4A, was looking for an R4M along time ago but could not find one at a reasonable price. I love 21mm and 35mm focal lengths, and it is refreshing to be able to use a wide angle on an RF without annoying auxiliary finders.

Congrats! It is a nice camera. I think the real money uses for the R4 are for the 25 & 28. The problem with the 21 frame is that: (1) is it not terribly accurate; and (2) it obviously does not display the extreme perspective distortion that 21s have -- presenting a far flatter view than what will show up on film. It is still way easier to use than an external finder. I really like the R4 and would not easily part with it.
You are forgetting that the 21mm is excellent for hyperfocusing.

Back