The smallest 35mm lens on a BessaL

thats cute, but my MS-Perar is cuter (and smaller).

Is the Perar sharp like this? Quickly took this before I put the Z7 back to scanning film. ISO 2500 @ 2.8

1:1 crop:

Min focussing distance is 3 ft (marked), so you're not exactly going to get in close. Should be a fun lens.

Is the Perar smaller than the Lomo Minitar?:

The Minox conversion is LTM, so I can use it on my Bessa L. The Lomo is an M mount so can't be used on a Bessa L. I think that's the same with your MS

this is really interesting, you mean to tell me I can take the lens out of my broken Minox 35 and somehow use it on my r4m? Is there a post somewhere showing how this is done?

this is really interesting, you mean to tell me I can take the lens out of my broken Minox 35 and somehow use it on my r4m? Is there a post somewhere showing how this is done?

I bought that lens from someone on ebay that converts them. LTM/M is a tight fit due to the flange focal length.

For digitals (m4/3, Fuji and Sony) there are available mounts that can be bought to let you convert them directly. Really easy to do. As they are 10mm shorter flange length it leaves more room for the lens.

https://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2877811&highlight=shawn#post2877811

Shawn

I bought that lens from someone on ebay that converts them. LTM/M is a tight fit due to the flange focal length.

For digitals (m4/3, Fuji and Sony) there are available mounts that can be bought to let you convert them directly. Really easy to do. As they are 10mm shorter flange length it leaves more room for the lens.

https://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2877811&highlight=shawn#post2877811

Shawn

How cool is that?!

I bought a heavily worn Nikkor 35mm Nikonos lens as a spare as I wanted to remove the front protective filter to see how it would behave w/o it. On taking it apart the lens itself is tiny - same size as the Minox. All the bulk is in the waterproof housing.
Anyway this lens is really sharp and I’d love to convert it like the Minox to be used on other cameras.

Is the Perar sharp like this?

Is the Perar smaller than the Lomo Minitar?:

The Minox conversion is LTM, so I can use it on my Bessa L. The Lomo is an M mount so can't be used on a Bessa L. I think that's the same with your MS

I'm not really one to check critical sharpness, but I put the Perar against several Leitz 35mm lenses just to get an idea of its performance. It was right there with them from f/4.5. The simple triplet in a wide-angle is never going to excel wide open.

My preferred P&S is a Minox 35GT, so I'm quite familiar with the Minotar (and how brilliant it is).

The Perar is M-mount, yes. I really wish MS had made it LTM. It looks like it's about the same length as the Lomo.

I’m not sure why MS and Lomo w the Minitar did not make
them LTM. It would have expanded the customer base.

thats cute, but my MS-Perar is cuter (and smaller).

I was thinking the same, but its not LTM :(.

I like my Perar on my M6. Fits into a small pocket still.

I'm not really one to check critical sharpness, but I put the Perar against several Leitz 35mm lenses just to get an idea of its performance. It was right there with them from f/4.5. The simple triplet in a wide-angle is never going to excel wide open.

The Perar is sharp in the center but the outer 1/4 of the frame (corners especially) is middling at most any aperture. Just what I've seen on my copy.

Ya but every Minox I looked at was broken.

There's a reason these conversions are made.
Just sayin'..

Mine works great and fits in my t-shirt pocket, just sayin'! Lol. :D

Hey man, whatever works. The lens is great. Overlooked jem if you ask me. I probably wouldn't go through the effort of converting it, but i've done more stupider things....

I think DAG can fix the Minox 35s if anyone is reading this. I could be wrong. Maybe he doesn't anymore.

Ya but every Minox I looked at was broken.

There's a reason these conversions are made.
Just sayin'..

I won one at a company picnic in the early 80's. Broke with the 1st roll of film I put in it. I never (never say never) throw anything away and after 20 or 30 years my wife threw it out cleaning out my junk drawer. Now I'm PO'd, I couldn't have done this with the lens.

I was thinking the same, but its not LTM :(.

I like my Perar on my M6. Fits into a small pocket still.

The Perar is sharp in the center but the outer 1/4 of the frame (corners especially) is middling at most any aperture. Just what I've seen on my copy.

I really like the B&W output from the Perar. The images have a classic feel that's quite nice. I think that classic "look" can be attributed to the simple optical layout that produces an image field with resolution falloff, as you've described.

I won one at a company picnic in the early 80's. Broke with the 1st roll of film I put in it. I never (never say never) throw anything away and after 20 or 30 years my wife threw it out cleaning out my junk drawer. Now I'm PO'd, I couldn't have done this with the lens.

Quite surprising that a 'made in germany' camera has such a high failure rate. Fingers crossed my 35GT lasts me a good while longer.

Me too. I don't think I've shot any color with mine. And the resolution is more than enough - this is a 5x7 print from a T-Max 100 negative on Ilford ART 300 paper:

sopecreek-9225ss.jpg

Mine works great and fits in my t-shirt pocket, just sayin'! Lol. :D

Hey man, whatever works. The lens is great. Overlooked jem if you ask me. I probably wouldn't go through the effort of converting it, but i've done more stupider things....

I think DAG can fix the Minox 35s if anyone is reading this. I could be wrong. Maybe he doesn't anymore.

You’re lucky fer sure! I’d love to have one if it was reliable.
The lens is a cracker and I bought it already converted which means I can use it on any ltm or m film camera or any mirrorless digital.
Not a bad deal!

Back