Third Day (Avoiding infelicities)

Recording a view and creating a beautiful picture are two entirely different tasks. Unfortunately, the two are often incompatible.

One partial solution , not to change, but to overcrowding of worthwhile places , is the "keep your mouth shut" - principle.

Advice given by the Norwegian philosopher Peter Wessel Zappfe who did not think much of advertising scenic and quiet valleys..

p.

I bought a what as I recall was the first of the Series 1 Vivitar lenses, the 75-210 lens and the 35-85mm varifocal, with a Fujica ST 801 from a pawn shop in Maryland some 17 years ago. The 75-210 I eventually got rid of as it was not in good shape. The 801 went to my daughter. I have seldom used it but I still have the 35-85mm as it is just so neat, even if a bit of a monster. Quite the cat's meow in the 70's. Wish I could have afforded it then, I probably would have used it some. Now if it is zooms, I tend towards wide angle zooms.

That aside, I enjoyed you article and the photos with it. I guess all photographers have some photos taken when enthralled with the possibilities of some photo opportunity, to the point that we see no more than what has caught our eye. I certainly have. It can be disheartening.

But I always try to take it as a learning process. I try to learn from all my mistakes. Looking back, it is amazing how much I have learned.

Back