Topcor LTM Tokyo Kogaku Topcor 5cm 2.8 sample images?

Topcor M39 screw mount lenses

jmilkins

Digited User
Local time
4:28 AM
So, I've posted this in Leica SM copies, but the lens I have coming is actually according to LensWiki a "(Heliar) Optical design ... a copy of the 1952 Voigtländer (R&D) "Color Heliar" (Extremely rare lens due to very low production numbers)".

Anyone else have one, or some image samples from one, til I get a chance to post some?

Hunting lenses is fun isn't it?!

So, I've posted this in Leica SM copies, but the lens I have coming is actually according to LensWiki a "(Heliar) Optical design ... a copy of the 1952 Voigtländer (R&D) "Color Heliar" (Extremely rare lens due to very low production numbers)".

Anyone else have one, or some image samples from one, til I get a chance to post some?

Hunting lenses is fun isn't it?!

There was one for sale around 4 years ago that was pulled out at the famous on line auction site. The photo samples look good but it was on a micro 4/3rds camera so the whole image area was not sampled. Most Topcor lenses are first class image wise and construction wise in my experience, so this one should be no different.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/TOKYO-Kogaku...ARE-Lens-in-LEICA-L39-LTM-Mount-/200745520248

Just picked this lens up and I can concur, the serial # does begin with 27xxxx. I was very perplexed about this lens as it has an adapter screwed on the 39mm mount, which seems to be a screw thread of about 22mm as near as I can measure. Anyone have any idea what this "Made in Japan" adapter was made for?
I have a Topcor 5cm/F2 but was unaware there was a F/2.8 version out there for Leotax. I'm certainly glad I got this as it also included the original snap out lens hood which also closes and is capped with a Leotax front cap. Great looking small lens which I look forward to using on my couple of Leotax bodies.

Attachments

• Topcor 5cmF2.8.jpg
    Topcor 5cmF2.8.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 0
I had seen this a long time ago, and when I was trying to figure this lens out, I found it again. The translation leaves something to be desired, but at least the facts are there. What really threw me, was the adapter, which appeared to be the actual mount. Once I discovered there actually was a 5cm/F2.8 made for Leotax, I assumed the adapter would screw off.

Wish I could get my hands on the 9cm/F3.5 Topcor. There is one on Ebay but in it's condition, which includes scratches and fungus, the Japanese seller will not negotiate, and it is priced to high in it's condition, IMHO.

Love these lenses, as I have the 35/F2.8 and the 135/F3.5 as well as the Topcor 5cm/F2. Glad I took a chance on this one though.
Regards,

Back