Top of the Line

The last few percentage points of improvements are the most expensive.

I am happy to assume the Leica lenses are optically superior. However I doubt the improvement(s)are cost effective compared to less expensive options.

Regarding the cost differential between the two 35 APO lenses (and also the Leica 50 APO versus the CV 50 APO), it would be interesting to see the breakdown of production costs including design effort/time, materials (glass elements, lens body composition - mechanical parts and body coverings), overhead for assembly and quality control (maintaining minuscule tolerances), machine operation, maintenance, calibration etc., human labor expenses, packaging, factory operation/overhead, and marketing among other costs. This would be interesting to compare...if it were ever all available.

In teaching Quality Control, we often equate "quality" with "low variability" or precision. High quality often implies high cost too. Low quality items often get sold at the dollar stores.

Seems to me that’s it’s just Leica continuing its typical lens making... and it’s typical pricing. They have to keep evolving. I think it goes without saying that you don’t need this stuff to make wonderful photographs. That doesn’t mean someone out there won’t love using these lenses and won't figure out how to use them to make wonderful photos as well. Complaining about Leica prices is old hat at this point...

I am happy to assume the Leica lenses are optically superior.
I'd make no such assumptions myself, and in this particular instance of using an adapted Leica M lens or native Voigtlander E-mount lens on an A7R4 body, I'd put my money on the Voigtlander lens being the superior performer.

Whenever I see someone post an awful photo I think well nice try. It’s a long journey and practice makes perfect. But if I see an awful photo as demonstration of some exotic lens like bokeh shots of close up tree branches or wine glasses I think what a douche bag. Sorry but this is just gut feeling not very nice I know. If you are going to buy this lens please keep it to yourself and don’t post any crap shot with it.

Back