Topcon SLR lens to LTM?

Bill58

Native Texan
Local time
5:34 AM
I'm trying to fit a Topcon 3.5/2.8 to my "new" Leotax RF and The LTM versions are costly and rare. The SLR versions are neither. Can you convert the latter to LTM? If so, who does it and how much does it cost?

I do not think Topcon made such an adapter but the Topcor 35mm f2.8 in LTM is a fantastic lens, one of my alltime favorite 35mm lenses.

Buying a Topcon D SLR camera to use the Topcor SLR lenses would be the cheaper route to go.

Topcor glass is first class.

Attachments

• IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 1
There are certainly Exakta-to-LTM adapters out there (Topcon SLRs, until the mid 70's or so, had Exakta mounts). You would, however, lose infinity focus and not be able to use rangefinder focussing.

The Topcor lenses for their RE/Super D cameras are all mighty fine, although the range is somewhat lacking in the speed department, a result of the small Exakta mount (they did manage to push out the first f2.8 300mm lens, however). Anyway, xayraa33's advice is sound -- get a Topcon SLR for your lens.

Cheers,

David

The SLR lens is going to be a a very different formula than the RF lens, required to clear the mirror. You would do better to get a Canon 35/2.8 in LTM.

Brian:

I was about to ask you that same question, but you answered me first. I've got the Canon 35/2.8, but still want a Topcor 35 in LTM.

Thanks,
Bill

The SLR lens is going to be a a very different formula than the RF lens, required to clear the mirror. You would do better to get a Canon 35/2.8 in LTM.

There should be no problem getting a RE Auto-Topcor to focus on an LTM camera with an adapter. Just stack a Canon E (Exakta) adapter on a Canon B (Canon FD/FL lens to LTM) adatper.

Getting rangefinder coupling is not practical.

No question that the RE. Auto-Topcor 35/2.8 and 100/2.8 are razor sharp lenses. Over 80 lp/mm wide open.

Back