Topcor LTM Topcor 50/1.5

Topcor M39 screw mount lenses
It would be nice to see a larger size, even 800 pixels on the long side would suffice to get an appreciation of how this lens draws.

Yeah I'd also like to know whether it's the Topcor or the "Simler" version of that lens.

For all the uninitiated, it's a Sonnar/Gauss hybrid.
Here's a lens diagram of this unique and rare lens.

Simler version:
qDDVMaI.jpg

Topcor version:
fUHwEsx.jpg

Yes, I had one, a 5cm/1.5 Topcon. Sold it about 7 yrs ago as I needed the $ at the time. Probably worth twice as much today. Didn’t realize how rare this lens has become. When I got a 5cm/2 black Topcon to use on my Leotax FV, I felt the F/1.5 was just something I didn’t need and sold for $600. Like a lot of equipment sold, sometimes the regret comes back later. Oh well, the F/2 is a beautiful lens anyway.

I may one day get interested in trying out a Topcon/Simlar 50/2. If I run into a well priced one, I may just get it and then use it.

I actually have a Topcor 50/2 as well (black), but I've temporarily misplaced it! I am moving my home office right now to another room after remodeling and with all the camera stuff I have ... well many of you will understand the chaos! I hope to find it shortly. This is the second one I have owned. I used the first one a while and it gave razor sharp images - reminiscent of the early Summicron. They are not terribly expensive for what they are on the used market these days - not rare.

Back