Toyota is now pimping Pentax Spotmatics, sort of.

Tim Murphy

Well-known
Local time
4:42 PM
Dear Board,

I just watched a Toyota Christmas commercial where grandma bequeaths her beloved Spotmatic to her granddaughter so that she can chronicle her life just like grandma did when she was her age. That's almost an exact quote from the commercial.

Of course the commercial ends with the granddaughter driving a brand new $ 45,000.00 Tacoma. But to me the commercial was all about the camera baby! ;)

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg PA :)

Dear Board,

I just watched a Toyota Christmas commercial where grandma bequeaths her beloved Spotmatic to her granddaughter so that she can chronicle her life just like grandma did when she was her age. That's almost an exact quote from the commercial.

Of course the commercial ends with the granddaughter driving a brand new $ 45,000.00 Tacoma. But to me the commercial was all about the camera baby! ;)

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Better than a $75,000 USD RAM Charger... No, not kidding. A friend wants one ... :(

Spotmatic & Toyota..... nice classic combo

40847382143_c065a9b2e8_z.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't mind the Chevy long christmas ad. Probably won't watch the Toyota one, just because...

I saw a commercial tonight where a young woman was taking photos with a Contax G1 (or maybe G2, didn’t get a good enough look to know).

Dear Board,

Someone on another forum I visit posted a link to the actual commercial.

It's way better than the annoying Chevy commercial where the wife takes the husband's truck as her Christmas present!

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Last edited:
Back